door lock cylinder type thingy

Bolt_Crank

passenger door is funkered

I recently discovered why my door key is a copy... the original is broken off, inside the passenger door lock.... is there any way to get it out? or do I have to replace the lock itself.... it would be nice to know, since my drivers side door handle seems to be sticking out more and more everyday (damn you pot metal! *shakes fist*) while the passengers is practically brand new... and if the drivers one goes, I'd like to be able to get in to my car, until I get the new piece...

if the key is broken off inside the lock it is still possible to get it out. ive done it before. all u need is a flathead eyeglass screwdriver small enough, and stick it in there and try at it till you get it out

if the little teeth pushing up against the broken off key are too tight and holding it in there too forcefully to get at it by pushing against it with the key, douse that sucker in WD-40 and try again. it will come out. 8)

You can dismantle the lock cylinder too. It can come apart into many tiny pieces. That's how you would recode a brand new one to use the same key.

BTW, if your driver side handle is sticking out more and more, you aren't opening it right! Just pull the handle enough to open the door, then grab the pillar to pull it completely open. It becomes habit after awhile, and the door handle won't get worse. I'll need to post my pics and instructions on how to make a sticking out door handle flush again.

well, I started opening the door like that, yeah.... but sometimes you can't... at least my friends are listening and opening my other door right....

and yeah, unbending instructions would be nice ;)