just a few questions

rockfangd

hi everyone just thought i would ask a few questions.. anyone know how difficult it would be to fix a gas door on a 94 cutty because it never shuts all the way and it looks aweful, i hink they were poorly manufactured. And also does anyone know what would cause the driver side headlight to blow every few months? maybe something i do not know about possibly, i checked the wiring and pulled out the whole assembly to show no cracks water or anything, thanks in advance to any comments :biggrin:

I dont know about the gas door, but what i did on my 87 6k was just replace it.. I spent a couple months trying to bend it back into shape.. Didnt work too well :willynilly:

I was having the same problem with blowing lights.. I have COmposites lights, and the seal was broken from a previous fender bender.. Water kept getting in there, and the lights eventually fractured becasue of the water on the bulbs.. I taped over the problem areas for now and will be getting a new headlamp assy. soon! :smile:

If the actual door just doesn't sit with an even gap around the edges, you can loosen the two bolts and move it around until it does. If its something with the hinge, take the plastic shit off around the filler neck ( just screws ) and you can get at the bolts for the hinge to replace it.

also by chance if anyone knows how to take the pin off the driver front door.. it is the device that holds the door i 3 positions and prevents it from opening too far.. i know how to take the bolt off the body but i do not know how to take the peice out of the door. the pin is worn out so when you open and shut the door it makes a snapping noise :biggrin:

ad well look at what the idiots before me did. there was a little ice buildup between the door and the fender so instead of being easy they crunched the fender, ever since then its never been the same. but if there is a benefit i fixed it to where i can open the door more than half way. check my pic in

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

that pic is after i did all the prying and yanking. lol and when anyone touches it just right it rubs the door and crunch!, you can barely fit a feeler gauge between the door and the fender. it is one of my spring projects. just like the gas door which i will post a pic tomorrow