Lumina Z34 seats...

Z34-5speed

Hey ya'll. I was just wondering if i got a pair of Lumina Z34 seats what would i have to do to make them fit in the back in place of the bench seat? Has anyone ever done this? I have seen Grand Prix seats done like this, z34nut's, but i don't recall Z34 seats done like that.

Kyle

And what we're saying is that people with rear buckets generally use factory W-body rear buckets, not try and retrofit front seats back there. It's a pain in the ass to do that, and they have nothing to bolt to. Just find ones from a Regal, Cutlass, or GP.

Yeah trying to fabricate front seats in the back would suck. Take into consideration all the hardware underneath your front seats not to mention the backs would be really high and look wierd.

Yeah trying to fabricate front seats in the back would suck. Take into consideration all the hardware underneath your front seats not to mention the backs would be really high and look wierd.

LOL, moron. You remove that hardware.

LOL, moron. You remove that hardware.

ORLY! No shit.. I was just saying.

Now wouldnt you have to fabricate new brackets if you used front seats in the back?

That's all i was asking. No one said that it would be a pain to use the fronts in the back, all i got was "use other seats", that didn't exactly answer my question. So my new question, how difficult would it be to use the brackets off the back seat to use on the front seats, to put in the back.

Kyle

I imagine you would just swap some brackets from some rear bucets out of a shitty car to your front seats. Then plug in play. I have no idea about the clearance issues.

Rear buckets don't have any brackets on the bottom.

Thats what I did... rear buckets from a GP with seat covers made for full size seats.

However they didn't fit great, like any other seat cover they didn't conform to the contours of the seats, and they were too big. I shoved the excess fabric down between the top and bottom peice (works great, ppl that don't know, can't tell) and to make them fit the contour, I used a spray adheisive to get them to stick in place... heres the result...

CIMG1635.jpg

Another thing, the head rest was a TIGHT fit, I guess they are wider than the average head rest, but, I made it work. Lucky for me the back on the head rest isn't seen...

This is only temporary, the light grey that the seats were stood out really bad against the dark interior. Eventually, all 4 seats will be professionally re-covered to match eachother. I'm thinkin maybe velour or velvet...

Jamie