need an opinion

Rdrckt_92

In my search for a newer GP I have come across this:http://www.charlestonmotors.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/searchinventory/vehicledetailsused.asp?orgid=4855&vin=1G2WP12K92F129689&photo=1

An 02 GP GT, the price has been marked down to around 5600. I went to look at it tonight after I got off work. It looks pretty good, not perfect but really nice. No body damage, looks clean on the inside ( not visible stains or damage), has a few nicks on the black trim on the door and a couple marks on the passenger side front wheels. The only thing that I can see that I dont really like is the lack of options: cloth, no HUD, no Sunroof, but nothing I cant live with by any means. I'm just wondering if I should get this, or keep looking for a GTP.

Also could someone run a carfax : 1G2WP12K92F129689

thanks, Dan

If you want a GTP and the amenities that come along with it, by all means get a GTP. Otherwise you'll be kicking your ass later for not having the stuff you really want.

X2...i almost bought a GT, but i really wanted all the good stuff that came along with the GTP...i'm pretty sure you can get a GT loaded with all those options though...so, maybe look for one of those if you are just looking @ the GTP for those options...

yeah, if you really want the GTP, hold out for it. You can get a lot better car for that price anyways. If you dont care for the L67 or not, then there are GT's out there that are optioned exactly like a GTP without the blower

thats what it seems to be here too, if I see any for sale at all

it took me a couple months to find my GP...just keep your eyes open in the newspapers, dealerships, and autotrader...one will come up!...don't get discouraged!

I bought my 98 GT over 2 years ago for $5000, with 100k miles and runs perfect. It has all options minus sunroof, but has a crack in the passenger door that ive been too lazy to get fixed :frown:

I've regularly seen 98-00 GT's and GTP's in the $6k - $7k range. Just be patient.

A piece of advice. Dont get leather, it really sucks!!! But i dunno if they made fully optioned GP's with cloth interior so you might be stuck with the leather.

yea, I'm definately gonna wait untill I find "the one." I don't want to buy something that I'm not completely happy with, thats what I did with the car I own now, just kinda bought it because I needed something, but I love it and can never sell it. My mom knows some people that are salesmen at some of the local dealer so they are keepin an eye out at the some of the auctions, so we'll see how that goes.

A piece of advice. Dont get leather, it really sucks!!! But i dunno if they made fully optioned GP's with cloth interior so you might be stuck with the leather.

I have seen some GP's that were fully loaded except leather but they are pretty uncommon around here, its either loaded to the gills or absolutely base, usually no middle-ground

But i dunno if they made fully optioned GP's with cloth interior so you might be stuck with the leather.

oh they're out there. I looked at a 00 GT with HUD, DIC, CD, sunroof, but cloth