hazmatic

I'm no expert on car audio but from what I understand, the number of channels is the number of speakers you can hook up to an amp. For example:

4 Channel 200W = 4 speakers can be hooked up at 50W each.

2 Channel 300W = 2 speakers can be hooked up at 150W each.

1 Channel 700W = 1 speaker can be hooked up at 700W.

And so on.

By the way, some amps allow you to choose the number of speakers you can hook up to your amp. For example:

4/2/1 Channel 400W

Option 1: 4 speakers can be hooked up at 100W each.

Option 2: 2 speakers can be hooked up at 200W each.

Option 3: 1 speaker can be hooked up at 400W.

I think that's about it. I think 1 channel amps are also called "mono" amps. I'm not sure about that though.

ur right bout the mono amps i kno that most the time there known as mono bass amps mostly made for subs wut u just told me bout the amps tho is wut i thought i just wanted to make sure but wut is a good company for amps

again, depends on what u wanna hook up. on my lumina, i have a 2 channel running 6x9 in the rear and 4 inches on the front (adapter plate used to fit 4x6 hole). if u have four speakers on a 2 channel, u will only have left and right balance control. however on mine, i have two subs in the back so the fade front to back control is used to fade from one amp to the other (sub amp to component speaker amp). kinda useless, but the extra control is there if i want it

hooking up a four channel with your speakers will give u control to balance left to right, or fade front to back, just as your stock deck would have done. its all up to u on how u wanna do it. personally, i'm cool with just a two channel for the interior speakers. i never really have the need to fade from front to back. 4 channel will also cost u more $$

again, depends on what u wanna hook up. on my lumina, i have a 2 channel running 6x9 in the rear and 4 inches on the front (adapter plate used to fit 4x6 hole). if u have four speakers on a 2 channel, u will only have left and right balance control. however on mine, i have two subs in the back so the fade front to back control is used to fade from one amp to the other (sub amp to component speaker amp). kinda useless, but the extra control is there if i want it

hooking up a four channel with your speakers will give u control to balance left to right, or fade front to back, just as your stock deck would have done. its all up to u on how u wanna do it. personally, i'm cool with just a two channel for the interior speakers. i never really have the need to fade from front to back. 4 channel will also cost u more $$

aweb im on soundomain i didnt order nothin yet but i havent got a brand picked out yet or nethin i dunno wut is a good amp is but king nothin im thinkin bout gettin a 2 channel to run my 6x9 n a 4 channel to run my 4 n 4x6 the reason im gonna do this is cuz i want the most outa my speakers when it comes to sub time i plan on havin one mono bass amp per sub

As far as good amps, check into these:

Zapco, Linear Power, PPI, JL Audio, Kicker,Eclipse, Pheonix Gold, Earthquake, and Alpine.

These are decent:

Coustic, MTX, Rockford Fosgate (Power or RF series, not punch), JBL, Kenwood.

Avoid these:

Sony, Pioneer (except Premiere), Clarus, Jensen, Pyle.

This is a decent list to start with, but you need to decide what speakers you are amping and how many subs you want. You also need to decide what type of speakers you are going to use (component or coaxial).

Be careful when looking at amps, you want to look at the RMS or continuous wattage. Peak power ratings mean nothing-it's just an impressive number that companies like to publish.

Good luck

Look at US Acoustics

Their amps really provide a good bang for the buck. I've got the USX 600D running my sub, and I plan to pick up another US Acoustics 2 channel amp for my front speakers here sometime. Good sound, qulaity, and price, that's my recommendation.

Zapco, Linear Power, PPI, JL Audio, Kicker,Eclipse, Pheonix Gold, Earthquake, and Alpine.

These are decent:

Avoid these:

This is a decent list to start with, but you need to decide what speakers you are amping and how many subs you want. You also need to decide what type of speakers you are going to use (component or coaxial).

Be careful when looking at amps, you want to look at the RMS or continuous wattage. Peak power ratings mean nothing-it's just an impressive number that companies like to publish.

Good luck

ijm not worried bout subs right now i just wanna upgrade all my speakers n radio all the sppeakers i got picked out r coaxial (infinity kappa for all 3 sizes) i wanna run one amp for the 6x9(2 chanel)that matches up wit the rms n peak power (i kno bout the dif between rms n peak power i really aint a audio newbe except when it comes to good brands) n a amp to run my 4 n 4x6(4 channel) again matchin the rms n peak as best as i can the subs will come latter down the road but if i can i wanna fit one 17 one 15 two 12 n two 10 in a custom made box(if i got the room in the trunk) n when i do that i wanna run 1 amp (mono bass) per sub but this aint till latta down the road let me get the basics done frst

aweb im on soundomain i didnt order nothin yet but i havent got a brand picked out yet or nethin i dunno wut is a good amp is but king nothin im thinkin bout gettin a 2 channel to run my 6x9 n a 4 channel to run my 4 n 4x6 the reason im gonna do this is cuz i want the most outa my speakers when it comes to sub time i plan on havin one mono bass amp per sub

I'm not the foremost expert on speakers by any means, I've just picked up my limited knowledge by my self; spending countless hours on the internet, in my car (hooking stuff up), and in stereo shops.

But, from what you said, that sounds like you are on the right track.

By the way, where are your 4 4x6's at? Doors and dash? Anyway, good luck. 8)

P.S. Check out Crossfire and Planet Audio amps. Never herd a Planet Audio amp, but they have a good reputation. I have Crossfire amp and they are sweet sounding for the money. I got a 140 Watt for 90 bucks new. I ran two Kicker I12's for a year off it with the internal low pass filter turned on and it sounded sweet. For a small amp, it hit hard, loud, and damn low.

Well I was bored and thought I'd see if I couldn't help you out on amps. I see your speakers are like 50 watts RMS, and I know Pheonix gold as good amps. Sounddomain has the tantrum T400.4 for 220 factory renewed or brand new 430, which is a 4x50 RMS which would run them perfectly right? and for your 6x9 maybe a Phoenix Gold Ti 400.2 which is factory renewed from sounddomain for 340. Now not saying these are the best stuff(heck maybe they are) but these are suggestions. I am currently happy with my PG 180.2 driving my sub, so I would buy PG again. Now others might have some better suggestions on price for output. Anyways just thought I'd show you some options.....best way to look for an amp online is go through all of the 4 chan, 2 chan amps and match rms ratings....now saying this I REALLY hope you are ready to spend money on your electrical system....ie alternator cuz you'll be drawing ALOT of power nomatter what amps you get! anyways good luck with whatever you get!

I think Phoenix Gold is an excellent company for amps. I heard Sony sucks. That's all I can say for now.

ur right bout the mono amps i kno that most the time there known as mono bass amps mostly made for subs wut u just told me bout the amps tho is wut i thought i just wanted to make sure but wut is a good company for amps

What about "Blaupunkt" and "Audiovox". Aren't those brands pieces of shit or what? :)

By the way, how about Clarion? Have you heard anything good about them?

These are decent:

Avoid these:

Good luck

What about "Blaupunkt" and "Audiovox". Aren't those brands pieces of shit or what? :)

By the way, how about Clarion? Have you heard anything good about them?(quote]

i herd there cd players werre good thats y im gettin the san fransico cd72

i don't know too much about blaupunkt and audiovox, but clarion is solid for the money. You can get a 1000 Watt clarion brand new for about 5-6 hundred. Clarion decks are good too, but I'd take Alpine first.

Hazmatic, if money is truly no object check out these links:

http://www.redmountainaudio.com/Default.asp?ID=35

http://www.alpine-usa.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html

http://www.zapco.com/sound/index3.html

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/13w7.html

http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/car/utopia/index.htm

In my opinion, some of the best of the best.

I'm probably going to go with a Clarion deck. I probably won't be replacing the speakers though, I don't want to invest money into my ride and have it broken into. I don't have a car alarm on it.

BTW: You should definitely look into a car alarm before you get speakers, amps and all that other shit.

i herd there cd players werre good thats y im gettin the san fransico cd72

im not worried bout my car gettin broken into i plan on hidin all da speakaz behind the factory speaker grills n the face plate it removable n ill hide the amps in the trunk or unda the seats or somethin untill i do get a alarm but i am gonna put everthin on my insurance tho just in case of a accident or someone breaks in

bang for the buck jensen is okay

my Friend had a total jensen system in his lumina and he put 500 into the whole system and he kicked the crap out of anyone else who spent less then $1500 on there system

with just a deck, 6x9's 2-12s in a bandpass with a 500W jensen the older blue style

he now has a total sony system in his Monte carlo and that thing pounds..with just 5.25's and 6x9's he has 2 12's in a bandpass but needs an amp he put his jensen in it and almost shaterd his windshield.

but thats back in the lumina

those 6x9's are awsome I think

but if you want prefomance get

Audiobahn,

or

Rockford Fasgate....old school I had an 800a2 that kicked ass it was 1200 watts peak...i dont like the new ones..

older pioneers are okay too the gm-x702's or gm-x904's

im going with a total audiobaun system in my STE only because of the 6x9 component system though....and I like the audiobahn style

ty guys for all ur help i made the order today everythin shoudl be in a couple days i cant wait :D

Oh yah?? what did you end up ordering? Interested to see what you went with...let us know!

blaunkit skyline san franciso cd72 cd player

4" infinity kappa 42.5i coaxial

4"x6" Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp

6"x9" Infinity Kappa 692.5i

Phoenix Gold Octane-R 4.0:2 2-Channel Amp

Phoenix Gold QX500.5 Multi-Channel Amp

n i ordered a 2 optima yello top battery im not goin to do da install my self im goin to bring it to a profesional when i get the time n have them run hole new wires n do everythin the right way n prober way