Frequency identifier on FOB

joey b

Looking to get a mate on Ebay. How do I know what numbers to match up? I have "P/N", "DOC/MBC", and "MODEL/FCC ID" I only have 1 for my car and would to get another that will work as well.

I am sure any of the rectangle first gen style will work.

Yep. Doesn't even have to be from a GM. As long as it's the same style and the lock/unlock are on top and trunk is below it will work.

I want to have a remote for my spare set of keys. That is why the exact frequency is important.

Read much? I told you what you needed.

Besides, why would there be fobs with the same exact frequency? You want someone else to have a fob for your car? That's why you have to program them for your car.

the FOB does not reprogram. The RKE module inside of the car is what programs.

When my sister borrowed my car this summer I had to program my RKE to her remote. At that point, my remote no longer worked, but her remote worked for both her car and mine. When I took my car back I had to reprogram the RKE again and her remote no longer worked. It is not the FOB that programs. Does anybody know which of the 3 identifying numbers I need to match to get a remote that will work

Blah Blah Blah It doesn't matter which part programs, the fact is you've been told 3x now you don't have to match any numbers to get one that works.

See this fob? As long as the buttons are layed out like that it WILL work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIREBIRD-TRANS-AM-GRAND-PRIX-1994-1995-KEYLESS-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ160061296331QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33723QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It doesn't matter. All you have to do is get a rectangular remote, open your trunk, look for the black wire next to the antenna, use a jumper wire to ground this out, let the locks cycle, push any button on the remote, remove jumper wire, put trunk liner back, close trunk, return to house and have a beer. :D

Nice write-up. :)

Any ideas how to get the "RKE" module to accept programming for two remotes (so joey can have his car recognize the original and the spare remotes)?

I'm having a similar problem with mine.

Any ideas how to get the "RKE" module to accept programming for two remotes (so joey can have his car recognize the original and the spare remotes)?

Program both remotes the same way. Ground the wire. Push a button on 1st remote. Push a button on 2nd remote. Unground wire.

BTW, each RKE will accept 2 remotes and each remote will work on two different RKE's.

Program both remotes the same way. Ground the wire. Push a button on 1st remote. Push a button on 2nd remote. Unground wire.

BTW, each RKE will accept 2 remotes and each remote will work on two different RKE's.

Sweet. Thanks!