Sylvania SilverStar Ultras

5speedz34

Yeah, Tony got the ULTRAS in the mail today. Hey Digi, they are BLUE bulbs. So does this mean they suck?

:rolleyes:

Okay, roll you eyes when you were agreeing with me no more than 4 hours ago..

Yeah, Tony got the ULTRAS in the mail today. Hey Digi, they are BLUE bulbs. So does this mean they suck?

I thought it was funny but putting it on here is deliberately trying to start something.

I thought it was funny but putting it on here is deliberately trying to start something.

Agreed. Enough is enough.

i have to say i spent the cash on silver stars for the AVEO ( :redface:) which i still have (the bulbs that is) and they were 10x as bright as the stockers. I am a true believer in silverstars

x2. My Silverstars are A LOT brighter than the bulbs that were in the car when I picked it up.

There's no doubt Silverstars can be brighter in a lot of situations. Sylvania "overdrives" the filament in the bulb to burn hotter and brighter, hence the typical short bulb life. This attempts to overcome the typical shitty blue-bulb light output.

But you guys can keep on beliving whatever you want. If you put the same overdriven filament in a clear bulb, it's going to be brighter than the blue Silverstar any day, any time. I'm done with this thread. Glad you're happy with your bulbs, Tony.

There's no doubt Silverstars can be brighter in a lot of situations. Sylvania "overdrives" the filament in the bulb to burn hotter and brighter, hence the typical short bulb life. This attempts to overcome the typical shitty blue-bulb light output.

But you guys can keep on beliving whatever you want. If you put the same overdriven filament in a clear bulb, it's going to be brighter than the blue Silverstar any day, any time. I'm done with this thread. Glad you're happy with your bulbs, Tony.

Calm Down, and don't get your panties in a bunch.

I've had good results with them and we'll leave it at that. Honestly unless the are HID I could give a fuck less about bulbs. I live ST's because to me they seem brighter, I never said that blue bulbs are or aren't brighter. But these are good enough for me.

I agree 100% that blue is the WORST color for bulbs and the human eye sucks at trying to see it/with it, but I think the only point here is that they are a simple upgrade that at least does make it look brighter...thats all...

I agree 100% that blue is the WORST color for bulbs and the human eye sucks at trying to see it/with it, but I think the only point here is that they are a simple upgrade that at least does make it look brighter...thats all...

x2.