Sylvania SilverStar Ultras

5speedz34

I plan on picking up all 4 and doing the conversion onto my sisters car.

I've used regular silverstars any body use these? How much should I spend? There is a auction on Ebay for about $60 plus shipping with one day left.

I just got the normal Silverstars tonight, and I love them :D I've heard and read horror stories about them, but I think that they are really nice, and they do provide good light for me outside, but you already know that.

thats a very good article and seems legit, but if it SEEMS like st's put out more light then why does it matter (i still think i can see better with them :lol:). i might try the 9011's or whatever. they are 55 shipped for a pair though. might just stick w/ regular st's for highs. i have had problems with st's burning out quickly, too, but its been a while since one has gone out.

im interested in finding those yellow H3's though

I have the Sealed Beam Silver Stars on my Lincoln and I love it. MUCH improvement over the stock ones, but that's for a totally different car...

Yeah, I have them on my truck and it's alot better IMO.

:lol: :lol:

They both suck, but EuroDezigns are way worse.

Digi, FYI my Euros are brighter than your headlights.

Tony and I are going to compare the Ultras with my lights when he gets them in his sisters car. We will see.

You know this how? When was the last time we had our cars lined up at night? EuroDezigns bulbs (ESPECIALLY THE BLUE ONES) are absolute trash, and have worse light output than stock. It's just the nature of the bulb.

No, I don't have Silverstars. I have Nighthawk bulbs. And pictures don't prove anything. You need a light meter.

Clear bulbs are going to have better output than tinted bulbs any day of the week, PERIOD.

You're comparing two totally different light setups. If you want to be accurate, you need to put both sets in your own car and measure with a light meter. Until then, you have no basis for comparison. However, since Tony is going to be putting them in a mini-quad equipped car as well, I'm interested in seeing the results.

First thing Matt calm down. You really are sounding like Aaron, you need to accept there are people that know more than you. I'm going to say this right now to me I like the silverstars especially for a car that is stock, which the GP is.

If it was something that I really cared about I would get something different.

Haha, I wasn't getting roudy. Like I said, Tony and I will compare, and then share our results. Because that article Digi posted, I don't believe, and I really just consider SYLVANIA to be overproced products.

i had apc highs in my gp and went to nighthawks and they are brighter. i read another article saying the same thing. idk, if they appear brighter and you think they are, then i dont think it matters. its sort of a placebo maybe but that works sometimes. if you think the ligths are brighter, then they will be to you and if it makes you feel more confident while driving, its all that matters. i, personally, at least thought i could see better with silver stars versus stock bulbs, so it doesnt matter to me. its all in your perception