95 Grand Prix RKE Location

runt

Being that I haven't worked on a 1st Gen W in a few years, I figured I'd just ask. I know on some of the older cars there is a module in the trunk with a plug where the RKE can be found.

I guess I'm more curious as to where this plug can be found in a 95 Grand Prix sedan? This is for my g/f's sister. She is gonna be having a baby soon and I thought it might be kinda nice to have the RKE added to the car if it's possible. I'll tell you straight up, If the car has a plug I'll find a working system. If it doesn't, then nuts to this idea because I'm not about to wire it in on her car.

Anyway, I'm assuming it's in the trunk somewhere, I'm thinking right side by the radio antenna. Is this right or did they move it when they changed to OBD-1.5/2?

Thanks.

The part of the RKE system near the antenna in the trunk is just the ground wire to test and reprogram. The actual box is on the rear deck. Take the top cover off (with the speaker grills on it) and it should be behind the passenger side 6x9. That's where the box should be, so I would assume the wiring harness, if there, would be near by.