exhaust tips

97CuttySupSL

i see some of guys with the dual exhaust with the long tips on them..do you guys have any problems with the back bumbper warping or paint bubbling...im thinkin about dual are some how running them outa the bumber

i've had no problems with mine and the clearance is less than 1/2" from the tip to the bumper

no problem hangin it for me either i had dual cutouts in my bumper from day one

ya the stock cutouts??

well the 1st? i asked was if i run them right out from under my bumber..ic some ppl on here with cutlass; have done it..i wanted to know if it had warping or peeling..

and the 2nd ? was if i run it out of a cut hole in the bumber do u think it will heat up and peel?

i have a 97 cutlass

I got a 3.4L exhaust on my car (still :lol:) and I have the 3100 '96 4 door cutlass...

No cutouts on the bum P er, and no paint problems or anything, although my exhaust pipes are a touch shorter, so they don't stick out.

can't tell you how i know just yet......

but...

the 4 door 92-97 CS rear bumper does not have cutouts for exhaust systems..... EVER! (but the 2 doors do)

ya i know they never came with with it..

LOL..

..WHat you need is to get the exhaust "y pipe" from a donor WBody.. (I got the whole pipe and mufflers from a 90-1 Cutty sedan).. Just go under, cut the pip from the cat (Only do this if your UPullit yard does not allow the sale of the cat like mine).. Go to the back, and undo the bolts hanging the system back there.. You need to make sure you get the BRACKET that holds the rubber hanger for the DRIVERS' SIDE of the car, or your exhaust will be crooked! (And look all stupid-rice like the cavalier I saw the other day.. Whose rice rocket muffler was attached with a metal coat hanger.. Looped through a home made hole in the bumPer..)

..As far as tips go, I personally think the early style tips for the Cutlass are ugly (The rectangles w/ the "divider" in the middle" so I also sawed off a set of Grand AM GT tips. They just got back from the body shop (Along with my replacement front bumper) to be equal length.. Stock GA GT ones are tapered.. One side of the tip is longer than the other.. I like the dual tips per side look on the sedans (SEE: Nebojsa's Green BEAUTY for that) [Hey, Nebojsa! I spelled your name right without looking at it! +1 for Steve!]

It is a really straight forward swap, and adds to the look of the rear IMO.. Oh and a side note: I went with an early YPipe because I wanted a more aggressive exhaust note, and this pipe has no resonator in it.. THese mufflers will (one day) be changed for some magnaflows or Flowmasters.. Good Luck!

OMG +2 for Steve getting my name right! :lol: Thanks for the compliment.

Here is the best picture I have uploaded that shows my exhaust tips. I got the Y-Pipe and the mufflers from a '94 CS 3.4L Coupe.

september7th2006039vb7.th.jpg

OMG +2 for Steve getting my name right! :lol: Thanks for the compliment.

Here is the best picture I have uploaded that shows my exhaust tips. I got the Y-Pipe and the mufflers from a '94 CS 3.4L Coupe.

september7th2006039vb7.th.jpg

*right click-save as* that is one good looking car you got there neb, that pic is awesome

k so i need to know.is the conversion to a twin worth it on a 94 olds cutty 3100 or will it not improve anything

It will only affect the appearance of the car.. I don't know that it will give you a 60 HP gain.. :willynilly:

YOu can get these setups pretty easily on higher equipped Grand Prix sedans of the 94+ vintage.. Not just the coupes.. And the early Cutty Int'l sedans as well.. Wbody dual exhausts are plentiful here.. Come up and I'll help you pull one :cool: