Car Phone not getting power

slick

Ok, when I put the key in the ignition, shouldn't the phone at least turn on. I press the power button, but nothing happens. I've checked the box underneath the back seat, and everything seems connected. I've checked all the fuses, and they all seemed to be good. Any suggestions?

Ok, when I put the key in the ignition, shouldn't the phone at least turn on. I press the power button, but nothing happens. I've checked the box underneath the back seat, and everything seems connected. I've checked all the fuses, and they all seemed to be good. Any suggestions?

Integrated car phone? Or cigar lighter?

I'd check power with a light probe to see if you're getting electricity.

If power is present, may be a dead phone / power convertor in phone.

Let us know on what you find!

- RedFox340

Guest Anonymous
nothing wrong with talking in your car on the phone

No, as long as the car isn't moving. If it is moving and I'm around expect a brake check.

I once saw a girl driving, eating lunch, and chatting on the phone at the same time. :roll:

Same thing except instead of lunch she was putting on eye shadow

Built in car phone, like from the dealership. I'm not exactly sure how to check for power, because it is the same wire that is used on like your home phone.

Same thing applies to all electronics. Use a voltmeter and see if you are getting power going to the base of the phone. Test on the power plug that actually connects to the base of your phone and see if you are getting power in there. That way you can narrow the problem between the base phone or the power source to the base phone.

I once saw a girl driving, eating lunch, and chatting on the phone at the same time. :roll:

for the average guy.......this can be pulled off without a problem, though i do find eating and driving certain foods quite challenging (like ice cream in a cup or things that need utencils). however women cant even handle talking to a passenger and driving. hell the headlight switch baffles most of em

however women cant even handle talking to a passenger and driving. hell the headlight switch baffles most of em

GnatGoSplat & Ismellrealbad,

What about a lady reading while driving?

I was next to that last year, and give both a horn and a mouthful for not paying attention.

- RedFox340

I'll see women doing that(applying make-up, fixing their hair, etc.) I'll slow down and stare at them till they stop and start paying attention to the road. they get so pissed when they see someone staring at them. :) :)