check this out! saw a Rag Top (not convertible!) cutlass.. PICS!

sclary18

its a shitty pic, but i took it while driving, and the windshield was filthy.. it looked to be like a 90 cutlass supreme with a black rag top! it was a cloth top and had the rivets around the back portion of it! look closely..

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

impossible to tell from the pic...... could be a 90 convertible or just a 'Hey, I AM stupid' carriage top. :lol:

the 88 had rivets .... My PC is boxed right now, I need to get the pics.

here we go!

88%20Pace%20Car%20Shoot%20010B.jpg

had to tell from the imagery other tahn it is an 88-91 body style CS with a trunk rack.... which would be consistant with what 1990 verts may have had... since they had the 3rd brake light in the luggage rack.

so it must have just been a carriage top :P

who still offers it?

you can get that on like anything. i know they still have it on impalas, most buicks.....i'm not awake enough to visualize others, but there are a lot. old people like that crap

Its not really an option -- you can't order any US car out the factory with it... its common for dealer ships to have it mounted although. Forgot the name of the company making them.. the fake tops but they also make the fake rolls grills for Cadillac, as well as fake tops for Lincoln, Cron Victorias etc.

Agree it looks like shit on a W-body, but some larger cars such as a Deville car look more nimble with a netural fake top if the car has a dark color. Beside it's that kind of car that traditionaly have a fake top...

Cheers Gimper

somehow they continue to make this an option on cars. it makes me want to puke

who still offers it?