GOT SALT?

sclary18

I think Ontario is the worst for salt... they use so much up here that the roads turn white during winter. I'm going to pass off washing my car until winter is over, just to see how much salt I can collect... I wonder how gross a black and white 2 tone Lumina would look.

After that I'll scrape some salt off the car, and sprinkle it on my McDicks fries.....

We use mostly gravel here...I had gravelled today on the freeway...fuckin' gravel truck guy lets 5 cars by and lets her rip when I pass him...didn't have his lights on either lol..oh well

looks like a typical car in new england in the winter

werd...

I definatly don't miss those days... thats when the roads are wet fromt he snow melting... and all the salt carries over in the road...guh.

We use mostly gravel here...I had gravelled today on the freeway...fuckin' gravel truck guy lets 5 cars by and lets her rip when I pass him...didn't have his lights on either lol..oh well

these guys need the salt thought because they dont know how to drive for 8 months of real cold winter. see us Saskatchewanians can drive with no salt and a little gravel, they need the salt cause they cant drive on anything but pavement.

We had SNOW FLURRIES here the other day, and they poured copious amounts of salt. FOR FLURRIES.

I mean, the salt is still collected on the roads.

Good thing I wasn't driving my car.

these guys need the salt thought because they dont know how to drive for 8 months of real cold winter. see us Saskatchewanians can drive with no salt and a little gravel, they need the salt cause they cant drive on anything but pavement.

:lol:

try saying Saskatchewanians 4 times, you will GAURANTEED sound retarded!

try saying Saskatchewanians 4 times, you will GAURANTEED sound retarded!

can't even say it once lol

i hate salt, but im uber excited for snow. I'll still probably do the drive through wash every week or two in the truck, even though its already rusted a bit. might as well try and slow it down a bit

at least you don't live where I do, no matter how bad it gets, they won't salt until there's at least 5 fatalities. My cutt doesn't get to come out and play in the winter tho.

they use what seems to be a half n half mix of sand and salt here... for that simple reason whenever i was my car in the winter i also use the "wax" in the wand wash... i figure why not, i usually get the entire car clay barred in the spring anyways :lol:

i've never ever seen so much salt on a car..

serious? :lol: that's like an everyday thing over here.. we haven't really gotten any snow yet but after the first significant fall almost every car around here looks 10x worse than that.

Our first snow fall was a dusting. After the snow melted away, the roads were whiter with salt than they where with the snow! :lol:

my car's clean.......

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd screw you! :lol:

:joke:

Here in Maine the state uses liquid salt. Since that time I've had to replace brake lines on two cars, including my Grand Prix. The state says they put corrosion inhibitors in the liquid...but that the hell stops salt from rusting stuff?!? Even a newspaper article interviewing local garages states they have had a dramatic increase in line repair (brake and fuel) since the state started using this stuff.

gp-48.jpg

More salt pictures here http://members.aol.com/regal231/wash.htm

Well no one spreads more salt on the road than NovaScotia... so much in fact that if we try to sell our cars out west, regardless of condition buyers tend to lower their value, some dealers wont even take them.