fuel filter nut size

lbhskier37

I'm trying to change my fuel filter and having a bear of a time. I have 92 regal with the 3.1. I can't seem to get a metric wrench to fit on the nut side of the filter. Are these SAE? If so what size, I think I will pick up some flare nut wrenches so I dont end up rounding them.

I've usually used vice grips.

when you get it apart, try greasing between the threaded fitting and the pip to prevent future binding.

and don't foget that you should replace the O ring on the end of the pipe.

As said above 16 and 20mm.

Here is an article on changing your fuel filter.

It is better to use a flare nut wrench (fuel line wrench) on the 16mm nut that threads into the fuel filter.

It is important not to damage this NUT it is part if the metal fuel line and is costly to replace.

If this nut has not been buggered with vice grips a 5/8’ line wrench will actually fit this nut tighter than the 16mm and reduce the chance of slipping.

The large nut on the fuel filter is 20mm but don’t worry about damaging that it is part of the filter you are throwing away.

http://www.pfyc.com/supportfiles/gasfilter/

Take PB Blaster or what ever has one of those long straws to direct the spray.

Wrap the straw to the fitting with a long piece of cloth rag so that the end of the straw is pointing at the fitting.

Now every day for a week hook up the spray head and soak the fitting and the rag.

After a week of being soaked in penetrating oil the nut should break free.

Remember that this fitting uses an o-ring to seal the steel fuel line to the filter so use anti seize on those threads when reassembling.