How to take out back seat?

Bake82

I know their are 2 bolts on the bottom of the bottom of the seat, and there are also two on the back of the seat near the bottom, where are the other bolts holding the seat on? I tried today to take it off, but I couldn't get the back off. would like to know how, thanks

There shouldn't be. As long as you got the 2 on the bottom seat, then there are 2 or 4 on the backrest part. All of them should be right along the bottom. You'll have to give it a little force and pull the rear seat straight up. There are little hooks and stuff on the back that holds it there.

Yah i was able to get the two along the back rest out, but it felt like there was something else holding it in, and i was scared of breaking something. I'll try tomorrow again to see if it'll come out. anybody else know for sure if there are only 4 bolts i need to take off in total??

Yah i was able to get the two along the back rest out, but it felt like there was something else holding it in, and i was scared of breaking something. I'll try tomorrow again to see if it'll come out. anybody else know for sure if there are only 4 bolts i need to take off in total??

Yes, any four bolts total: two for the bottom, two for the back. Once the back cushion bolts are removed you can lift up on the seat (lift towards the roof) and it'll come out. There's two horizontal metal bars that lock the back cushion into place. You were close... it's a piece of cake! Used to do it on my Cutlass all the time to fix the keyless entry.

- RedFox340

Alright thanks guys, supreme style and redfox. I couldn't see anymore screws, but like I said before I was afraid of breaking something, oh well I'll give it a go tomorrow night again. Thanks again guys!

wait wait....your car (mostly older w's and cars with folding rear seat) you have to remove one of the nuts that keep the seatbelt buckle onto the frame. You'll see a (usually) rusty u-shaped piece of metal thats attached to the seat and fastened behind the big nut (18mm) good luck

wait wait....your car (mostly older w's and cars with folding rear seat) you have to remove one of the nuts that keep the seatbelt buckle onto the frame. You'll see a (usually) rusty u-shaped piece of metal thats attached to the seat and fastened behind the big nut (18mm) good luck

well is this at the bottom of the seat? Becuase I could pull up on the bottom of my seat and it would come up completely, just the top wouldn't come out. I'll try and see what you are talking about....thanks..

I don't know if this will help or not, but in my prix, i had to also loosen the interior side panels to move the rear part of the seat around. I have also noticed that in mine, there are 4 bolts to remove on the back part, rather than 2, plus the 2 to remove the bottom part.

when i took out my backseat i had this problem to i just added some force afta takin out the 4 bolts (2 fo ther becnh 2 for the back reast) just lift up one side at a time n it should pop right out (atleast it did in my regal)

I don't know if this will help or not, but in my prix, i had to also loosen the interior side panels to move the rear part of the seat around. I have also noticed that in mine, there are 4 bolts to remove on the back part, rather than 2, plus the 2 to remove the bottom part.

correct. there should actually be 4 screws on the seatback, but if for some reason your only had 2, and the obttom is freen , then you simply need to lift upwards (hard, like brian said) and it should pop free. as for removing the side panels, thats really only necessary if you are removing the rear dash. that wont come free because those panels push against it.

This picture may help. red rectangles represent what holds the top of the seatback. set circles show the bolts that secure the bottom of the seatback. notice how i have 4 (u only see 3 in the pic)

backseatless2.jpg

yeah, don't those 2 inner nuts represent the spot where the belt buckles are attached to as well? Some rear benches have them, some don't. It's odd. The rear leather fold down bench I have has 3 on the bottom!

backseatless2.jpg

ok you know that black stuff that is there....if I was to take all of that out....what would happen? and it's ok if i juct cut a hole like what rob has done there? should I see any unsuspected problems with doing this?? thanks...btw I was able to get the seat out today!

I took out that black sound proofing out of mine so i could get more sound out of my subs in the trunk and havent had any problems so far.It made quite a bit of differnce on letting the subs bass come through but also let more noise from my mufflers come in too.

I took out that black sound proofing out of mine so i could get more sound out of my subs in the trunk and havent had any problems so far.It made quite a bit of differnce on letting the subs bass come through but also let more noise from my mufflers come in too.

Yes thats what I wanted to know, ok thanks alot! Hey muffler noise is ok too. But really want more bass. Which is why I asked the original question. thanks guys, I was able to get my seat out and I am going to be taking out the sound dedeadening soon too...once i get my car back from the exhaust shop! Thanks again guys!