Fuel Consumption

snowboard_pro6

I'm getting about 450-500km per tank in winter all city driving...I let the car warm up ay too much though....in summer I pull off 550km+ in the city.

Simple tune up will boost your economy..I used to get 400km/tank in the city before I did a tune up.

Air filter

Plugs

Cleaned throttle body, IAC

PVC valve

Fuel filter

Concentrated injector cleaner

Fresh oil

Also check your tire pressure...I had like 25psi in a few tires and was getting horrible mileage....surprising how badly losing a few psi kills your mileage :S!

I was always getting decent mileage with my 3100 (past year and a half) but when this winter started, I noticed a fairly large drop... I didn't even get 400 kms out of the last tank, and this one doesn't look a whole lot better... Full tune up in spring though, I can hang on until then, I don't drive too much in winter, only to work, and a few other things...

I was always getting decent mileage with my 3100 (past year and a half) but when this winter started, I noticed a fairly large drop... I didn't even get 400 kms out of the last tank, and this one doesn't look a whole lot better... Full tune up in spring though, I can hang on until then, I don't drive too much in winter, only to work, and a few other things...

Yea, this past tank on the regal, I've gotten like 320km, and its already at 1/4 tank :eek: Im going to have to check under the hood to make sure that everything is still plugged in, cause i've never gotten milage that bad before. The last tank was around 480 - 500 km

Well, gas prices did go down recently, they're probably diluting it with water :lol: I'm thinking of going to a different gas station for the next tank, just to see if it makes a difference... I've been going to this one for about 1 1/2 years, but the last 2 times I filled up, it's been pretty bad... Might try a different one, and see if that does anything.

I live in a town called Penticton if that helps at all, and it is very hilly, i've had the car for just under a year and have done nothing to it other then replacing my alternator, power steering, regular oil changes with oil filter, and K&N air filter

There is different gas used between the summer and winter. You will usually see much worse fuel consumption during the winter than the summer.

x2. Especially if you have winter tires and the heat on all the time like me...

I'm only getting like 350-400km tank with my 3100 at this time of year, 90% city driving (short trips). My only "mod" is K&N drop in filter which IMO does nothing.

***REALLY YOU DIDN'T SEE ANY IMPROVMENT AT ALL? I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF CHANGING MINE OVER TO THE K&NPERHAPS I SHOULD RE-THINK THAT?***

I'm only getting like 350-400km tank with my 3100 at this time of year, 90% city driving (short trips). My only "mod" is K&N drop in filter which IMO does nothing.

***REALLY YOU DIDN'T SEE ANY IMPROVMENT AT ALL? I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF CHANGING MINE OVER TO THE K&NPERHAPS I SHOULD RE-THINK THAT?***

A k&n is good to have because it provides better filtration, has more flow, plus it lasts forever with proper maint. but it doesnt add noticeable hp or mileage 99% of the time. remember, 2 hp is NOT noticeable.

and please dont type in all caps, its kinda annoying.

A k&n is good to have because it provides better filtration, has more flow, plus it lasts forever with proper maint. but it doesnt add noticeable hp or mileage 99% of the time. remember, 2 hp is NOT noticeable.

:werd: I more or less bought it just so I can clean it every year. If I got any kind of performace increase well bonus then.

I get around 400 kilometers per tank in the city with my 3.4 DOHC. I don't trust my gas guage, so I reset the trip odometer, and fill up every 400 kms.

I get about 800 kms per tank on the highway... If I drive the 100km/h speed limit. most people drive around 130km/h, and don't realize that they will get more out of the tank if they just drive the limit.

I get around 400 kilometers per tank in the city with my 3.4 DOHC. I don't trust my gas guage, so I reset the trip odometer, and fill up every 400 kms.

I get about 800 kms per tank on the highway... If I drive the 100km/h speed limit. most people drive around 130km/h, and don't realize that they will get more out of the tank if they just drive the limit.

I think your odometer must be off :lol: sorry 800km on a tank of gas with 3.4... I don't care if you are driving down a mountain I still don't beleive it. :lol:

I believe that it could be pulled off. I was pulling off 38MPG on the Highway with the cutlass this past summer. So, if my calculations are correct here...(BTW I went through an odometer check on the way there, so I know my odometer is accurate)

60 Liters fuel = 13.21 imperial Gallons

800km = 497 Miles

38MPG * 13.21Gallons = ~502 Miles(807km)

Obviously you'd be running on fumes after 800 km, if you even get there, but in theory it could be done ;)

In theory I suppose. Last year (when my car was running cooler, and didn't have memory steer/suspension issues) I was running 39mph (according to my DIC) in the cool summer air at night, going 80-90km/h.

60 Liters fuel = 13.21 imperial Gallons

800km = 497 Miles

38MPG * 13.21Gallons = ~502 Miles(807km)

No offence, but you're talking to a bunch of americans. it might be better to covert to their measurment units. US Gallon = 3.78 Liters.... Imperial (british) Gallon = 4.54 Liters.

60 Liters fuel = 15.85 US Gallons

800km = 497 Miles

502 miles / 15.85 US Gallons = 31.67 miles per US Gallon.

I remember the GP's DIC kept a steady 35 MPG on the highway.. i was getting more like 37ish, not too much of a difference. Thats pretty good out of a 18 year old V6.

on the highway I was getting around 500k to a tank.. a little more or less depending on wind and my speed.

The city, I could go for like 300.

Whats really bad is my Lebaron. 30 liters, 250km.

:werd: I more or less bought it just so I can clean it every year. If I got any kind of performace increase well bonus then.

All I picked up some some mileage...like no power increase...but I didn't expect much from just a filter lol

You should all be very happy -- my wife tend to get around 10 mpg with the 95 Roadmaster when she drives short trips to school, super market under severe city type driving i.e. stand still traffic all the time :)......

Gimper

PS: Yes I change oil and so very often even if it cost an arm and a leg over here...