some lighting questions

pwmin

sorry im asking about silverstars again, but i cant find exactly what im looking for. since i did the cheapo hid conversion in my car, my high beams and driving lights are absolutely worthless. i was wondering what your thought were about the st ultras. im just wondering if its worth buying them. currently i have apc high beam bulbs and i cant even tell when i turn them on. do you think they will be noticeable when on?

on to my driving lights. i put in some apc 55W H3 driving lights and i can barely tell when theyre on, too. i was thinking about getting a replacement housing for my stock ones (one broke and i was looking for a different solution than low beam bulbs, which is why i switched to driving lights) and putting in 880 xtra visions (they are 55W, stock is 27W). now, are the stock lights driving or fog? im thinking this way because i want some yellow lights for when its foggy out cuz the 4300K lights arent the best for fog. do you think this is a good idea (880 xtra visions in stock fogs)?

edit: now that i think about it, im not sure that these apc lights are drving lights like they say the are. the beam pattern is pretty short and broad. i thought driving lights were supposed to be thin and long? ??????

thanks.

make sure your headlights are properly aimmed..that can make even the worse headlight bulb be that much better if it's aimmed properly at the road ahead...I love my silverstars and personally recommend them..but a lot of members have issues with them burning out rather quick..

its not an aiming problem, but thx for the suggestion. anyone else?

oh, and i got then numbers mixed up: 880 is stock (27W), 895 (iirc) is 50W, but they only make headlight bulbs in xtra vision, not fog bulbs

hrmm..., when i was reading the package, it seemed to me like maybe the advantage was longer life but i thought they were supposed to be brighter.

i think i might have a 9005 st left to try out. its gotta be better than my apc ultra whites