GOD I hate people!!!

RareGMFan

I hope you nail their ass. I am just wondering though...

What can you do if you have a high to positive suspicion of who did it? Are there many body shops around? Check around to see if there are any blue cars in their lots or they are working on. Time is of essence here.

Means nothing. I had my Acura parked in front of my old apartment. A Ford Pick up pulling out of a garage ripped my back bumper off, and gouged my quater panal. If you lined the bumper back up on the car, the gouges on the bumper and quater panal fit his truck perfectly. And my paint (white) was on his bumper. I called the police, and since the Ford dickhead wouldnt admit he hit my car, and there was no evidence otherwise except the gouges, no charges could be filed. If you can get someone to admit to the fault is when you have them....

Same thing happened to my wife with the neighbor accross the street from her parents. Her paint was on his bumper and wouldnt you know it, the height matched perfectly. Next time just say you saw it all when it happened.

If you know for sure who it is, and they don't admit it, and police can do nothing, just smash serve their windshield one evening. That's really the only form of retaliation you can get in that case.

Oh trust me, Brian. I'm the king of retaliation. If I find who did it, I have a great number of ideas in mind. :wink:

Sorry that happened to such a nice car, but how much are you selling it for? I SHOULD have a decent amount of money by the spring :)

Well don't get me wrong, the thing is far from mint, but it had come such a long way in running and driving decent. Once I get that fender and flare taken care of, along with a few other minor things, I'll be looking to get ~$1,800 for it. When I got it, the thing had no computer or air intake, a fuel injector was unplugged, the primary fan wasn't bolted down or plugged in, etc. The thing was a mess. I put a decent amount of work into it. New NGK Iridium plugs, Taylor red 8mm wires, AC Delco ignition coils and ignition control module, heavy duty oil return line (through TGPilot), knock sensor, trans cooler lines (from/to radiator), new battery post terminals, fuel pump, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, cleaned injectors, all new cradle upper bushings, lower bushings, washers and bolts, etc. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah, it's undergone a bit of an overhaul.

I'm trying right and left to come up with ways to justify keeping it. I had SO much planned for it. I have a near mint condition, complete charcoal grey leather interior for it, I had the overhead console with ASC sunroof button so I could have the best of both worlds, a self dimming Gentex rear view mirror, etc. But I know in the end it's impractical to keep it. I already sold one AWD 6000. The other one, and the TSTE will be the first to go. Then, the reluctant letting go of the TGP. :frown: I'll see where I'm at when I get rid of the 2 other cars. I MAY just hang on to it as a project that I'll leave on the backburner for now, finances provided (trying to buy a house).

First, this sucks. Second, you need to call your insurance comapny and tell them you want to file a claim on your liability -uninsured motorist (phantom vehicle in this case) insurance. These do not raise your rates unless one develops a habit of having an abnormal number of claims. You will also need to file a police report. Problem solved, other than the deductible, which is better than having to absorb the full cost of the fix.

People are scum....just like the anal astronaut that walked on the hood of my Beretta. Some people just don't have the respect for cars that most of us do.

Good luck getting everything squared away.

First, this sucks. Second, you need to call your insurance comapny and tell them you want to file a claim on your liability -uninsured motorist (phantom vehicle in this case) insurance. These do not raise your rates unless one develops a habit of having an abnormal number of claims. You will also need to file a police report. Problem solved, other than the deductible, which is better than having to absorb the full cost of the fix.

I already filed a police report. Wouldn't move the car till they came and left. Problem is, I JUST dropped comprehensive on my insurance coverage for the first time in my life. Otherwise, all that would have been done a week ago. I have had to use it several times before (this isn't the first incident of hit and run in a parking lot for me, but it's the worst), and that $100 deductible came in handy at those moments. But I thought I'd save some money, and removed that coverage literally 3-4 weeks ago. Guess the odds showed me.

Well, Dikran. Your car wasn't the only one damaged recently.

:(

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=267&g2_serialNumber=2

Not as bad as your car, but it still sucks!

WTF?!?! This is just a baaaaad season for the Northern IL w-bodies. We can all share our dent stories at the next meet, I guess. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, man! That SUCKS!

Two months ago, I left to job site to go to lunch, and left my 1994 Z34 parked across the street.

I got back, went to get in the car to get one of my tools, and noticed the door wouldn't open right.

About crapped my pants when I saw the dent - right at the junction of the driver's door and the front QP! Not to mention that the side-view mirror was hanging by its control cable!

Turns out it was my buddy's ex wife (who's been in lots and lots of accidents and has no damn insurance) who did it, hit-n-run style. It wasn't worth the trouble to call the police, and she works at Wendy's and has no damn money. So no I'm stuck with taking off the QP and door panel and trying to bang out the dents. We had to ghetto-rig the side-view with a couple of drywall screws.

Pissed me off - the car had (previously) no body damage at all, and no scratches on the paint.