Parts car maybe

19GT92

I'm getting a 1992 Grand Prix 4 door for free this Weekend comming and my ? was are the front feneders the same minus the b4u kit on my coupe and after i take what parts i need because i hit a deer a week ago i will be posting up here what i have left for sale if anyone needs anything lmk after i have what i want off the car thanks btw the engine and trans are staying with me for me coupe cause they have 144k so lmk about the parts i have left ok thanks

wow..longest sentence ever. I'm outta breath cause there was no stopping point lol

but back to your question, I believe the fenders are different, since the 4 doors didnt have the mini quads and the coupes do

Well it would be more than just the headlights changing it.

lumina 2 and 4 door clips are the same... or course.

CS 2 and 4 door are different.

regal? :shrugs:

GP. well the hoods are the same iirc. and the lines on the fenders are the same too, so I think they are the same. I think only the header adn bumper are different.

any verification anyone?

91gpste is correct. the side marker, the front clip plastic bumper, and any other front end stuff fills the little corner there... I'm gonna have to check an interchange manual to double check, but they appear the same at this time.

That is NOT correct. The fenders on all 1988-1996 Grand Prixs are exactly the same regardless if there is a sidemarker or not.

Exactly. The area for the side turn signals is replaced/filled in by the front bumper cover on the mini-quad equipped GPs, not by a different fender. The only problem you're going to have is there won't be any pegs to mount the B4U fender flare onto, though.

That is NOT correct. The fenders on all 1988-1996 Grand Prixs are exactly the same regardless if there is a sidemarker or not.

fendercompare.jpg

I'm sorry I stand corrected.

they are different, but the appear very very similiar.

an interesting note about something similiar.

88-91 CS coupes and 92-97 CS coupes have different fenders. but, the exterior skin is identical. the only part that is different is the substructural portion that holds the corner marker light/turnsignal!

yeah, the nose is interchangeable. In fact, I think the front section of the fender's sheetmetal is the same shape. Just the back half of the fender (like where it meets the door) is different. That's enough to make it not useable.

yeah, the nose is interchangeable. In fact, I think the front section of the fender's sheetmetal is the same shape. Just the back half of the fender (like where it meets the door) is different. That's enough to make it not useable.

No it isn't. The part where it meets the door is exactly the same as well.

I think Grand Prix and Lumina are the only 2 W's whose fenders, hoods, and trunklids can interchange between coupe & sedan.

I could be wrong, but for some reason I always thought that.

Now I'm curious. Though I can't imagine, as cheap as GM is, that they'd make a completely separate fender that's only a hair different. Too bad the weather is so horrible here. I'd go to a junkyard and find out for sure, and then keep the fender to fix my TGP. :mrgreen: I have a spare fender off the TGP I parted out a few years ago. It's not a B4U fender, though. The wheel flare was GLUED on. :eek:

GM has same part number for both coupe and sedan fenders for 88-90 but different for 91-96. I am willing to bet that the only difference there is probably a couple of extra holes for screws.

gpnose.jpg

gpnose2.jpg

gphood.jpg

gpfender.jpg

gpfender2.jpg

GM has same part number for both coupe and sedan fenders for 88-90 but different for 91-96. I am willing to bet that the only difference there is probably a couple of extra holes for screws.

might be that same as I pointed out on the CS. the subtrutcture internal of the fender is different, but the skin is the same.

Yeah, you can interchange the entire clip if this is the case. it all bolts on as a unit.

I think Grand Prix and Lumina are the only 2 W's whose fenders, hoods, and trunklids can interchange between coupe & sedan.

actually, I think the trunlids are different. I heard someone say a while back that they just tried to swap trunklids instead of swapping spoilers, and the coupe lid didnt fit right

actually, I think the trunlids are different. I heard someone say a while back that they just tried to swap trunklids instead of swapping spoilers, and the coupe lid didnt fit right

Yeah, I think you're right. I seem to remember someone saying they tried it, but I can't remember who. I thought it was you. :lol: