Weird door handle problem.

Regal_GS_1989

We had some really nice cold weather the past few days, and lately i had been noticing that my driver door seemed a little bit stiff opening from the outside. Thursday after school, i couldn't open up the driver door anymore from the outside. When I got home, I pulled off the cover and turned up the adjuster on the linkage so that i could get the door to open again. The weird thing now is that the keyring light is stuck on, along with the solenoid that keeps the seatbelts from locking up. does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I know for a fact that it doesn't have anything to do with the linkage adjustment being set to high, cause i can disconnect the linkage from the handle and it doesnt make a difference. Is there some sort of switch inside the door that could be stuck and causing this?

Does the car "click" after it's been closed for ~10secs?? Mine will do that click thing (quite quiet) and that light will go off around the keyhole and the seat belts lock or whatever they are supposed to do..

Nope. When i close the door, its acting as if the door is still open. Im thinking instead of pulling apart the whole door in the freezing cold, im gonna just disconnect the electrical to the seat belts, that way they will lock. The car is comming off the road in the spring time for paint anyways, so im gonna have the doors pulled apart then and will look at fixing it properly.

The relay to the seatbelts is under the passenger side of the dash, should be the long phallyc one...

Good to know :thumb: That saves me a lot of hassles, especially with it being fricken freezing out :lol: