richer...

ctx46

hey,

does any one know a way to make my air fuel ratio richer? cause my car is running to lean from my latest mod and it keeps settin the MIL light...

I was thinking about using the intake temp sensor, or one onf the coolent temp sensors, but I I really dont want to skrew with the coolent one.... would the intake temp sensor be able to change it enoughf, I know it will chang it a bit but, Im not sure if its enoughf...

let me know...

later

joe

does any one know a way to make my air fuel ratio richer? cause my car is running to lean from my latest mod and it keeps settin the MIL light...

Is it based off of low flow or the ECM is running lean?

If it's a flow problem, snag a fuel pressure regulator and a high grade fuel pump.

If it's ECM based, ...well... um... I wouldn't try to trick the computer in reading incorrect tempretures and the like; could make it worse. The reason why those are there is to give you the best economy / power bossible with the current driving / weather conditions.

ehhh what mods did you do?

No kidding, what did you pull off on your GTP?

- RedFox340

I went to town on my MAF.... it now has a ID of almost 3"

God did it make a differance!!!!! but that light just pisses my off, it comes and goes....

its also ECM based, its not reading all the air thats coming in, cause the fin in the middle is no tthere to direct/ slow down the air mas the 2 thermistors, and the ont oxidizer.....

sounds like to me the ECM is not recognizing the upgrade and throwing readings out of range. If that light is pissing you off, you can always go back to a stock MAF. :) :) :)

yeah, dont try tricking the ECM. Go with a high volum fuel pump or bigger injectors. Oh make sure it doesnt get too lean, cuz lean means hot and you dont want those heads warping

Robby

Its not as simple as adding larger injectors (same effect as bumping up the fuel pressure). First you might only go up 1 or 2#'s cause any more and it would be extremely rich. Also the car will probably run like crap cause each injector has a slightly different flow rate at each point of opening.

The engine is getting more air then its measuring cause the MAF/PCM is now mis-calibrated. You can either re-calibrate the MAF scale in the PCM or get something external to re-calibrate the MAF signal, I can't remember what its called but its used a lot on L67 motors and I think TimG is using one.