2003 Buick Regal (console and door) Lighting Questions

BuickCollector

Having just purchased a 2003 Regal GS, there are a few questions which I've having trouble finding answers to.

I don't have a service manual.....yet....and its making things a bit difficult.

1. Is the center console shift indicator supposed light up? If so, what fuse is supposed to power it and how can the console panel (gear indicator panel) be removed if it is the bulb?

2. Basically the same question as above but in reference to the red plastic strips on the front doors (viewable when the door is opened and looking from the rear)? These lenses changed since the late '90s apparently (then they were red and white) and they lit up on those cars. Are they supposed to light up and if so, what fuse controls them and how can the lense be removed to change the bulb (it seems strange that both bulbs would be out on both sides with only 37K miles on the car).

Thanks in advance for any responses.

The all-red door strips don't light up. I think they stopped putting the illuminated red/white ones in around 2000.

The center console gear indicator does light up. It's a small bulb, like a 194 IIRC. Pop the shifter cover off (the entire piece that surrounds it, not just the little wood trim piece. It's held on by four big-assed clips. Once that trim is off, you can unclip the black PRNDL plate and take a peek under there at the bulb.