It looks hot on a trailer

94CutlassSLCoupe

November27th2006003-1.jpg

Since my dad sold the Black '90 Q4 5-speed Cutlass we had, he finally decided to get to work on this '90 Blue International Series we bought like 6 months ago. It apparently has some valvetrain problems so we loaded it onto the trailer to take it to his friend's house where he has a heated garage.

This car looks a lot more bad-ass than the black one ever did...but then again we actually drove the black one! :lol:

Notice the mismatched wheels...the crosslace wheels that came on the black car were put back on when it was sold, so we've got sawblades AND international rims for this one.

My dad said they're working on it starting tomorrow night, so i'll keep you guys posted.

FWIW: it was hilarious watching my dad's buddy try to steer it when we were pulling it up the hill with our blazer.

I never get to, i've been freezing my ass off working on my '70 Duster over Christmas break for years! My dad's always at this guy's house anyway so he might as well work on his car.

Oh, BTW, since we got it, my dad and I converted the car to 94+ Rear Brakes, and the parking brake would work if the pedal on this car wasn't messed up...the damn ratcheting mechanism is screwed. This car will be sweet once we get everything fixed (still needs the hood/roof painted and the driver's side AQ9 fixed). Its surely a color combo i haven't seen much.

Is that one the 3.4 5spd? I mean other than what you mentioned, what work really needs to be done?

No it's a Q4/5spd.

That's the same color combo my Cutlass was. I love the 88-91 International's they look tits. Good luck with it!

I don't get what was so funny about your dad's friend in the blazer?!

Also, damn does that Dakota have some squat!

yeah, its a Q4 5-speed...1990 Only...It only really needs the engine to be running and then we'll deal with the interior stuff (headliner, seats etc).

This car is midnight blue or something, not black. Its really different to see one of these things that is dark blue metallic.

My dad's friend was in that cutlass and as soon as the car was out of the garage door, my dad punched the blazer and was pulling him about 20mph backwards and he looked scared as fuck.

That's about the heaviest duty dakota ever made too...'97 with a 318 magnum, 4x4 and factory 31's. That is an all steel with wooden deck machinery trailer so its not exactly light. Probably over the towing capacity of the truck, but that's the same truck we used when we brought it back from west virginia.

also notice how i'm the one in the blue coat strapping the car down and my dad and his 4 friends are standing around.

Good luck with the car, looks like a nice one. For the e-brake ratchet, try drowning it with wd40 or other penetrating oil, that fixed mine. I'd have to press it slow as hell for it to work at all, now I can stab at it and she never misses a beat.

also notice how i'm the one in the blue coat strapping the car down and my dad and his 4 friends are standing around.

:lol:

15_3.jpg

^IS that what it looks like? That's also a Q4 car that was on ebay back in the day.

DO you need the headliner for this one. I'll ship it!

:lol:

15_3.jpg

^IS that what it looks like? That's also a Q4 car that was on ebay back in the day.

DO you need the headliner for this one. I'll ship it!

We do need the headliner, but if i get my truck i'll just pick it up after the first of the year.

The funny thing is, that is probably our car....same color, same seats, same missing Quad4 Emblems and Oldsmobile emblem on corner of hood...ours had a front plate holder (missing when we bought it), and it also looks like the tops of the mirrors are faded as with the hood and roof of the car on the paint. if you have more pics of that thing i'd like to see them. Our car has 79k on it now.

If you can positively identify the tires as being BFG Touring TA TR4's, that is our car :lol:

The funny thing is, that is probably our car....same color, same seats, same missing Quad4 Emblems and Oldsmobile emblem on corner of hood...ours had a front plate holder (missing when we bought it), and it also looks like the tops of the mirrors are faded as with the hood and roof of the car on the paint. if you have more pics of that thing i'd like to see them. Our car has 79k on it now.

If you can positively identify the tires as being BFG Touring TA TR4's, that is our car :lol:

OMG!!!!!

That is it! Damn that car went from Virginia or somewhere around there to the plains IIRC and then back? Also I think I remember the listing saying it got new paint?! If you sell it let me know I would love that thing!

32_3.jpg

41_3.jpg

51_3.jpg

56_3.jpg

64_3.jpg

82_3.jpg

96_3.jpg

b7_3.jpg

c3_3.jpg

dc_3.jpg

That's gotta be it...I already replaced that broken sidemarker light and the rust is still there (only spot on the whole car). The seat is ripped in the same spot and it has a CD player and DIS.

The CD in the CD player doesn't appear to work (tried a cd I burnt on my computer in there and it said ERROR)...we'll probably put an aftermarket cd in anyhow...so we'll see, it might be for sale. The paint is original, but like i said, the hood and roof need some TLC (repaint).

you be the judge on the seat rip :lol: IM002077.jpg

My dad paid like $600 for it so provided we get it running well and it "proves itself" or whatever that means to my dad, we'll probably keep it forever...I think he shed a tear when the black '90 Quad4 drove away. He loved the shit outta the other one.

FWIW: we need the package tray shelf for it, or at least the carpet for the storage bin door.

I like the car, I gotta admit its got a real nice color combo. Its probably gonna have the sawblade wheels on it most of the time, though...my dad is not a huge fan of the international series wheels.

You guys would really like it, especially since we already put the 94+ rear brakes on it lol...and NO PMIII...which is even better, IMO