1990 Olds International Questions?

Jeorge

okay I can get a 90 olds International 2 door with good GFX how ever I needs a front fender what years are interchangable?

it also has a BLown Motor 3.1L

How hard would it be to put in a Series I 3800 into it?

and how about building a 90 deg??

or what about building up a NA 3.1??

how about mounting that 3800 to a 5 spd?

I know everyone is going to say go to a series II but I can get a series I cheap

I would like to restore it but I may have to part it...

its Black with Grey GFX, Grey Leather with Rear Buckets.

Full Power options...

All I really want if I choose to get the car and part it is the seats...

would there be any interest with the other parts?

IIRC, the 90-93's are the same. I'm not sure about the later models, or the 88-89's either.

I wish mine was black, but it's that dark blue color.

328637_3139021411995973943_vl.jpg

How hard would it be to put in a Series I 3800 into it?

I hope you, or a friend, has experience swapping engines.

how about mounting that 3800 to a 5 spd?

Its possible, but you have to buy a certiain flywheel(?) from west coast fiero's (Thanks again Shawn for that info!)

what about building up a NA 3.1??

Just get a 3.1 turbo and go from there, that will save you some hassle.

Man!! Dark Blue 90-91 Cutlass Intls are FRIGGIN RARE!! That was the exact color scheme I was going to do until the monocolor white bit me.....As for the '90 Intl, heck, build up the 3.1...the 3.8 series 1 will not mount to your subframe, you need a subframe from a '91+ car. Throw in a set of Sealed power pistons meant for a 3100, recondition the heads if needed, new main and rod bearings, maybe a reconditioned crankshaft on ebay...man you'll be set!

I will agree 8.8 or I think its 8.9 for n/a 3.1Ls and 8.8 for turbo, anyway, its way too low. Hell, bore the block, shoot for 10.0-10.5:1 compression, port/polish heads and intakes, rockers, cam, your close to 200 n/a HP.

Robby

I only suggested the 9.6:1 because the computer should have no problem controlling the fuel, as well as you can run 87 octane and not bother changing the cam if you don't want to...

I will agree 8.8 or I think its 8.9 for n/a 3.1Ls and 8.8 for turbo, anyway, its way too low. Hell, bore the block, shoot for 10.0-10.5:1 compression, port/polish heads and intakes, rockers, cam, your close to 200 n/a HP.

Robby

I'm working on a 3400 and have these things planned, I already have the block punched 40thou over and have the heads milled 8thou to bump compression. The block is a 96, but I'm going to get a 2000 or newer upper and lower intake. A much easier swap than the l67 and cheaper for me as well, 3100/3400 parts much easier to find, and no wiring, or computer or transmission changes either.

I only suggested the 9.6:1 because the computer should have no problem controlling the fuel, as well as you can run 87 octane and not bother changing the cam if you don't want to...

yeah that is true, I guess my philosophy is that if I ever have to take the motor out or apart, I would do all the upgrades possible, to take advantage of my situation

Robby

I know Putting in a 3.1L turbo would be the Best way to go but the only 3.1L turbo I have happens to be in my car.......

as for going with a 3800 I can get it for almost Free....say a little work on one of his cars and its mine...its in a 90 Regal 2 dr......

I have a turbo T3 laying around and there is a shop in town that just opened that does Custom exhaust and headers..I could probably make a deal with them for a set of Headers and a Crossover....but I would not waist that turbo on a 3.1L.......

as for the 5 spd I can get it for 200 with everything needed to hook it up....thats why I was thinking of that.

but I will probably get a good Running NA 3.1L for $250 or somthing like that....

Also what Year Front fenders are the same?? for the 2 Door will a 91 4 door fender work???