New discovery about w-body suspension interchangeability

twalt13

Ok so my question was answered. Then the answer was questioned. What do you think would need to be done to make the Tower bars work? bend them so they clear engine parts? I like the way they mount to the tower. why wouldn't the rear work? I'm planing on changing most of the suspension out. What would the best things to look for? Thanx

Laterz,

William Grimmer

You can order the front STB from GM parts Direct, search for a 97+ Impala, I think that will make it show up. It will work on Gen I Ws, I have one on mine.

Robby

You have the PN? I hate that website. Doesn't give me the choice to search a certian car. OR I just don't know how to navigate it. Either way it's pissing me off. Thanx for the help thou.

Laterz,

Wiliam Grimmer

I paid $10 pulled from a junkyard. I'm cheap when it comes to things I know are still good used (non-electrical, non wear)

Same here. I was so pissed when the yard I go to ended up crushing all kinds of high-end W-bodies that had leather, DIC's, etc.

You have the PN? I hate that website. Doesn't give me the choice to search a certian car. OR I just don't know how to navigate it. Either way it's pissing me off. Thanx for the help thou.

Hope this does it for ya'!

- RedFox340

GM PART # 12456148

CATEGORY: All

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $17.11

OUR PRICE: $9.75

DESCRIPTION: STRUT BAR KIT(ONE BAR KIT ONLY)

For use on 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes ONE strut tower braces, hardware, and installation instructions. (THE HIGH PERFORMANCE CATALOG IS INCORRECT) If you want the kit that includes two of these braces it is part number 12498648

Hope this does it for ya'!

- RedFox340

GM PART # 12456148

CATEGORY: All

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $17.11

OUR PRICE: $9.75

DESCRIPTION: STRUT BAR KIT(ONE BAR KIT ONLY)

For use on 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes ONE strut tower braces, hardware, and installation instructions. (THE HIGH PERFORMANCE CATALOG IS INCORRECT) If you want the kit that includes two of these braces it is part number 12498648

Thanks, Redfox, I dont get one that much now that Im home, and I didnt know the p/n anyway, thanks

Robby

Anyone have pics of the Bar from GM Parts Direct. Or material details. Type of steal. I think I've seen it before but just want to look and see if it's the same as what I'm thinking of. I like the one from BMR because of how it mounts. Looks like it actually applys the forces evenly. Over all it just looks stronger. Thanx for the help guys.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

Cool thanx. That is the one I have seen before. How much did you notice a change in handling? Shit 10 bucks is worth it anyhow but just wondering how much of a differnece you noticed. That one looks pretty strong.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

I noticed a huge difference in handling. The car doesnt feel like its gonna flip over when cornering hard. Much more responsive on the highway too. It feels 10x more safer. Well worth the $10, IMO

Robby

• 2 weeks later...

ok, well here is my question.... has anyone ever tried to swap a pre 97 monoleaf with a 97+ suspension. For example, I have a 95 cutlass and a 98 GTP I could swap.