New Cop cars

hoodilio

Hey Slade I read that news release you posted. I noticed that the cop they interviewed said that track tests were nothing like real driving conditions on the job.I agree with him GM and Dodge needs to worry about how well their interiors are scotch guarded against doughnut stains. :lol:

Yep.. the race is not the same of the actual street driving. I think street driving is worse than the race track because of uneven roads conditions, etc,.

IMHO, if the brakes are bursting in a race track.. it would be worse when tested in the street.

They need to use like a "docker type pants fabric" to protect their interiors against stains ... :)

Tranny rebuild??!?!

To me, something like a tranny rebuild is pretty extreme. I'd rather have 4 dozen nickel & dime problems than have to do one tranny rebuild!!!

I have a repair sheet a mile long on my '89 Cutty and Penny's old '88 Cutty, but I would consider them to be a helluva lot more reliable than a car that has nothing in its repair history but a tranny rebuild.

Aside from tires, oil and gas the only thing shes had to replace is the starter. She bought the van in '96 with 30,000 on it and the tranny started thuding alittle around 65,000 it didn't really need to be rebuilt but since the warrenty ran out at 75,000 it was free.