New Cop cars

hoodilio

Hey guys, today i saw my first, i saw an unmarked state police car, and gess what it was, it was a 2000 Red GTP 4-door. It was on a high way in MA but i forget which one.

I've seen a lot of those Intrepid's around lately too. A few months ago, I saw an early white Lumina and a blue Cutlass Supreme as cop cars. It was in some small town I passed thru.. I thought it was pretty sweet to see that.

down here we have 2 97+ Lumina cop cars...scared the shit outta me one night cuz i am used to seeing if the car behind me is a cop or not cuz of the centered quartz...

other cop vehicles:

-Ford ExploDers

-Crown Vic's

-2003 Dodge Ram (supervisor truck)

-Ford F150 Extended Cabs

there was one of those old school ones, the kind that came out in RoboCop, they're Fords but i found out it was a junked car after awhile...NEVER saw police action, some dude just put a red cop light off of ebay or something..

Alot of Police stations around here are getting rid of there Vics and buying Impala's. Cause they are slow and blow up alot.

I think its funny even though I dont like W-Body Impalas.

Guest TurboSedan

90% of the police cars here in Laramie are the new Impalas. the UW police are starting to use the Dodge Intrepid, as well as the WHP. there are some police and WHP Tahoes. Crown Vics seem to be getting phased out, but there are still alot of WHP Crown Vics. the sheriffs dept. seems to have alot of Explorers and F-series trucks.

joshua

around here they have all kinds of different cop cars

in my town of 2500 people we have 3 Crown Vic and 2 expaditions

next town they have a Expadtion and two Vics then the next town from there they have 1 impala 1 newer old style vic and a 80's blazer with a diesel...

then one more town over they have 3 vic's an impala, and a 80's blazer lifted and a 454 in that baby....

but with the 4wd park around here they all need the 4wds

up on the northshore of lake superior they have a 2000 seville STS as an unmarked jet black with dark windows before that the guy had a 94 sts bright crimpson red pearl...only way to tell is the lights in the grill...up there the officers by there own cars..kind of nice acctually they slot you something $500-600/month on a car payment and you choose the car

so around here you have to watch what you do....never know...

there are intrepids blazers, suburbans, expaditions, ford series f150-f350,

impalas old and new, vics, caprices, cadillacs all with in 60 miles from me

basicly the only way to tell is the stupid wheels they run...with the black rim and small silver center caps. the Caddy is running chrome rims and a carrage top...and gold emblems looks hott but there are acouple of old people with cars just like it around so you have to slow down anyways...

Well, they have tested the new Dodge Intrepid against the Impala on race track but it seems the Dodge Intrepid brake lines are bursting and so the testing continues.

Nashville Police Department (TN) has tested the new 2004 Dodge Intrepid against Impala and Crown Victoria.

The new 2004 Dodge Intrepid brakes bursting into flames.

The Memphis Police Department (TN) is going to test the same model 2004 Dodge Intrepid and see if they will have the same problem like the Nashville Police Department have seen. 140 Intrepids have been ordered but not paid for yet and so the decision will be available after 30 days.

2004 Dodge Intrepid was designed as a pursuit vehicle and cheaper too compared to Impala and Crown Victoria.

I looked at the 2004 Intrepid on the Dodge website. Looks like the same old FWD Intrepid they've been making since 1998 to me. :?

I like the looks of the first gen. Intrepids, the new ones I dont care for that much.

But I heard some where Chrysler was coming out with a RWD setup for the Intrepid and its siblings. If they did that I wouldn't care what the cars sheet metal looked like.

I actually like the 98+ LH cars much better, I would probably have seriously considered to buy one if it weren't a Chrysler product.

I don't know what the RWD version would look like, but considering recent Chrysler designs, my guess is it'd be hideous. I think if I wanted RWD that bad, I'll just get that old used skirted Caprice I always wanted.

Actually Chrysler cars since 98 have improved a lot, before 98 they were shit and had a lot of problems with transmissions and everything else but starting 98 they were pretty good and reliable. My mom bought a 98 Concorde when it had only 2 miles on it and now 65k miles and still runs good compared to our friends Chrysler products that had to change trans at 59k miles other friend same thing and had problems with brakes and everything else, and since 1998 they were pretty good cars.

My moms '94 Caravan w/111,000mi has had less prblems then my Cutlass, my sisters Grand Prix, and my dads G-30 cargo van w/50,000mi. The only things it ever needed are a starter, a tranny re-build, and new front brakes.

Tranny rebuild??!?!

To me, something like a tranny rebuild is pretty extreme. I'd rather have 4 dozen nickel & dime problems than have to do one tranny rebuild!!!

I have a repair sheet a mile long on my '89 Cutty and Penny's old '88 Cutty, but I would consider them to be a helluva lot more reliable than a car that has nothing in its repair history but a tranny rebuild.