Autocross today

94CutlassSLCoupe

We had another school autocross today...and well, it was pretty normal for my car...it went pretty good....i still got own3d by the cars with RWD and slicks but whatever, it was fun.

The funny thing was Kurt (Calvin) brought his 89 GP with the 3400 swap...shit, i wish i had a picture of this thing autocrossing. It was hilarous watching it pull the inside rear tire, i shit you not, 6-8" off the ground in the corners. Not to mention the cradle shifting all over the place (he really needs to fix it)

I can say, truthfully, autocrossing an 89 GP with 232k miles on it and FE1 suspension is crazy. It handled like a different car in every corner! If someone took pics of it, I'll post them. The 3400 makes pretty good power but the rev limiter comes fast. Kurts car is such a hooptie :lol:

These things are a blast...I wish more of you guys would do it.

I've taken my RX-7 around the track a few times for fun at the end of the races we have here....I can't risk breaking anything on my Lumina since it's my daily...and I can't risk breaking my RX-7 because I can't afford to put any more money into it till l ater on.

These things are a blast...I wish more of you guys would do it.

Yeah, except my Grand Prix has an open diff and sends the inside tire up in smoke any time you apply throttle coming out of a corner (in 1st or 2nd gear)...............

Not to mention, even with FE3 and 245/50R16 Kumho's, it's still a tubby 3420lb PIG.

I think I'll stick with the NX and/or the Neon...........both have LSD's and a TON more handling prowess (and thus, a LOT more fun) :mrgreen: