Is it a club that is meeting at Fuddrucker's in Downers Grove on Saturday?

Larry M

It's the 9th meet over the last 2 years that I've put together for us local w-body members. In the warmer months, we meet at Herrick Lake forrest preserve in Wheaton, where we cook out close to our cars. In the colder months, we meet at Fuddrucker's where we shoot the breeze outside for a bit (till we can't feel our fingers), then go in to eat together. It's always a good time.

Fuddrucker's is off of Finely in Downer's Grove. I just realized that map on that link isn't working anymore. I pulled up one myself off of Mapquest. The address is 1500 Branding Ave if you want to pull up exact directions from you. We will start gathering at 2. Probably will go in to eat around 3:30 - 4ish.

Map

OK, RareGMFan:

I pulled up a map and see that it's at I355 and Butterfield. Tha'll be easy to find. Hope to be there by the time you go inside. LOL

Actually, I could endure being outside for up to 5 minutes, unless playing golf or jumping up and down. ; )

I may be the oldest TGP owner at 63. : )

That would be it, though it's not set that far back on Branding. Don't know why it shows it that way, but that's the correct street. It's RIGHT on the corner facing Finley, so you'll CLEARLY be able to see it coming down Finley. Nothing is set in stone on the time we go in to eat. We usually wait for the majority to get there, snap some photos, talk for a bit, and go in. We wing it at each one of these events depending on how soon/late everyone gets there, etc.

You'll be the ONLY TGP owner besides me, lol. I don't come across too many 40+ year old car enthusiasts that are into FWD cars, in spite of the fact that there are some pretty cool, unique models like ours. I think it's very cool that you're into TGPs!! Can't wait to see the car!

Sorry, But I couldn't attend due to family matter. I'll try to come to next meeting if it's near Chicago like this one was. : )

When I got my Pace Car, I enjoyed driving it SO MUCH that I put 12,000 miles on it in the first 12 weeks. Even being an economy vehicle, that gasoline cost me a bundle. Even though I'd received the first credit card bill or two, it hadn't sunk in. But the THIRD month, I realized that I'd have to cut down on mileage.

193,000 - 16,000 when I got it. I drove it 173,000+ miles in 15 years. When gas went sky high, I actually stopped driving, except rarely.

Now I have the new TGP, with only 62,200 miles now. A trip to Minnesota to see Jeff M, then back. I've got my Christmas present already in my new car. :biggrin:

Few people actually realize what a special car the TGP is. Those big rubber things on the sides saved my life. I'm sure of it. I never experienced a side impact before. Please avoid ide impacts. Watch out for left-turners who have pushed their luck. I thank my lucky stars, and my first TGP which sacrificed herself to save me.

yeah man we were all waiting for ya to show!!! lol...tahts ok. although i dont think the next meet will be until next year, unless we do another small one late in december. But i'd count on one meet like this one before spring time