possible?

kuntzie

basicly im thinking of attempting a double din install in the tgp. think its possible... its only 1" of differece and ther is room between the DIC and headuit *(over 1").... i would put spacers at top of the bezel and make it work i think... so should i try it?

its a 1.5 din stock

Exactly.

Since your radio just kinda hangs below the dash anyways, you could cut off the bottom, extend it down the desired length, then fiberglass it back together. Shouldn't be too awful hard.

Would definately be a nice thing to do.

If I were you, I'd get another radio housing, and modify that one, that way you still have a radio in your vehicle while your fabricating the new one.

BTW, if you need a sheet or two of black ABS, I could probably snag you a few, along with some backstrapping.

well my exact plai is to extend the whole thing and then fibreglass awy to make it look good. the HVAC controls wont sit right so i will need to make an adapter/ pod for those aswell even thogh i never use them as i dont have a/c and dont need heat as its a summer car lol

well my exact plai is to extend the whole thing and then fibreglass awy to make it look good. the HVAC controls wont sit right so i will need to make an adapter/ pod for those aswell even thogh i never use them as i dont have a/c and dont need heat as its a summer car lol

If you don't need them, then unplug them(plug the vac lines if they aren't electronically controlled), and just tuck the plugs up in the dash. That'll eliminate your problem :lol:

thanks for the help.... i was thinking of that aswell.. ill try it on the tan dash i have first and see how it works out

you are going to put a carputer in the HUD?!? now that would be cool. :thumb: :worshippy:

If it were my project, I'd definitely get an extra radio/climate housing and modify it similar to the way I did with my truck.

yup will be done that way... i got lots of sapre parts laying around