94 cutty heating and ac

rockfangd

hi everyone my 94 cutty has the typical climate control module and hvac module. my 93 eighty eight has digital climate control. i was wondering if the hvac module out of my 93 eighty eight would work in my 94 cutty. i already have the climate control module but it wont work on my cutty without the whole unit. so baically will the hvac module out of a 93 eighty eight work on my 94 cutty. thanks all :smile:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

94 cars had acc as well

In fact, 93 and 94 acc equipped cars use the same unit.

88(or?)89-92 units are a slightly different unit.

the difference? just the way they mount.

The entire under dash wiring harness differs between cars with Manual CC and Auto CC.

and the non-w unit may of may not fit the dash anyhow.

check this out!

http://www.wbodysource.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=20&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Whale needs a new ECC unit, may have been ripped off on ebay... :evil:

sorry man :( I only have 3452541425 extras.

actually, the one is my 93 is broken. some buttons do not work, but the SWRC does :)

crazy k thats exactly what i needed though damn that is alot of work for that so i wonder if it is actually worth it

probably not :) ...if you do the swap though, take some pics and start a thread :thumb:

Whale needs a new ECC unit, may have been ripped off on ebay... :evil:

you made me go check which auction you had won from me - couldn't remember if it was a DIS or ECC lol. glad it wasn't my unit..

crazy k thats exactly what i needed though damn that is alot of work for that so i wonder if it is actually worth it

You're damn right it is. That is exactly why I sold my ECC unit to Stevo with a cutty DIC. Too much effort involved.

with the acc you can't quite control stuff the way you want anyhow. but you need the acc if you have SWRCs. there is no vent mode! you either have it heating or the ac compressor operating, unless you have it temp matched to the outside temp, perhaps. :evil: