why dont they have altezza and euro lights for my car?

Dreamgerlx

Ive got a white '97 4 door.

We just sent a white '96 2 door to the crusher last week. It was pretty well stripped (parts car for somebody else) and had Bondo over an inch thick in spots.

Hmm.. Nah thats okay, i like the way i confuse the hell out of people when they go to get in the car and reach for a door handle thats not there (it takes them a couple of seconds to realize its on the side) oh boy thats classic... mwuhahaha :lol:

Hmm.. Nah thats okay, i like the way i confuse the hell out of people when they go to get in the car and reach for a door handle thats not there (it takes them a couple of seconds to realize its on the side) oh boy thats classic... mwuhahaha :lol:

I know what you mean. When someone gets in my car for the first time I have to help them find the handle.

In another thread, there's a couple Cutlass guys that made their own altezza's, but I think they look like ass!

Actually, I think altezza's in general look like ass unless they're all red. I've noticed they have all red altezza's/Euro's for some cars, and they don't look bad at all. Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33716&item=2416814622

What I'd really like, are jeweled "diamond" taillights like Aleros and Intrigues have - where the lens is red but has no patterns, and the chrome reflector is multifaceted like a jewel.

Aside from the fact that the Alero tail lights are abnormally gigantic, I think they're pretty nice looking too.

For me, clear tails are a serious no-no... I mean, I own a pure white car, and clear tails don't add the third color contrast I'd need in order for the black decklid panel to not look so out of place and disproportional.

No, what I really want...and have put much thought and research into, is manufacturing aftermarket LED panels for tail lights. The local company that does a lot of GM DRL boards and wire harnesses has the capability to do the assembly, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get them to convince GM for things like this to be included in a possible aftermarket division for all of their automobiles. The idea has promise, but needs more substance for the pencil pushers to begin to see dollar signs if it's to get off the ground. Then for everyone, it's win-win.

Aside from the fact that the Alero tail lights are abnormally gigantic, I think they're pretty nice looking too.

Well, it's not so much the actual taillights that I like - honestly, I don't care for the amber lens in them, I prefer clear lenses and amber bulbs... it's just an example of the taillights that I DO like, a smooth, water clear red lens with NO diffuser bumps and a jewel-like chrome reflector inside. 99+ Mustangs, Intrigue, Aurora, and several other cars have this type of taillight.

No, what I really want...and have put much thought and research into, is manufacturing aftermarket LED panels for tail lights. The local company that does a lot of GM DRL boards and wire harnesses has the capability to do the assembly, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get them to convince GM for things like this to be included in a possible aftermarket division for all of their automobiles. The idea has promise, but needs more substance for the pencil pushers to begin to see dollar signs if it's to get off the ground. Then for everyone, it's win-win.

I would love LED lights too.

I would be happy if LumiLEDs would sell their SnapLEDs to end-users, and also sell their SnapLED mounting mechanism to end users as well. SnapLED's consist of a metal carrier that can be formed to any shape, and then you just snap the LEDs into it. The carrier itself also acts as the "wiring" so no additional wiring is necessary. More info here.

I reallly like those mustang tails too. I would love to have the late Toronado lights (you know, the two thin lines where out reverse light (well, my fake bar ) is). That, and I really llike the Early Auras, you know, where the whole back is the breake lights.

And welcome to the forum! I also have a 96, But a sedan, and metalic green. That, and about 118k miles. But the backseat and pass side are perfect (car was used by uncles buisness to go arround the state, no one ever in the other seats).

I have had some people not be able to find the handle on the indside. THey are all used to ones on the armrest and such.

jon

I reallly like those mustang tails too. I would love to have the late Toronado lights (you know, the two thin lines where out reverse light (well, my fake bar ) is). That, and I really llike the Early Auras, you know, where the whole back is the breake lights.

Oooh, yeah, I really love the 2-thin narrow all-across taillights on the Toronado. The neon taillights on the 97+ Lincoln Mark VIII were pretty cool too. I never cared for the all-across taillight on the 4dr GP's though, it looked like an afterthought with those giant blinkers (which it was).