Just made a huge decision.

Q-Ball

Well, since I've put so much money into my car, I finally gonna go ahead and get the L67 Swap. I already made arrangements to get everything from a 99 GTP. Comes with the HD tranny as well. I'm going to get Brian Teel to do all the work. He lives about 8 hours away from me. So this is gonna be one hell of a trip. Brian said wont be able to do it till Dec. So hopefully I can get him to do it earlier. I'd really like to have it before winter if possible. Everything will cost 2,400-3000 which includes labour.

I also got my 92 Grand Prix Service manuals. Comes with 3 books. Quite a good read. Just thought I'd give you guys an update.

You just wanna get something done before me so you can say I copied YOU for a change!

on the bright side, I'll probably have paint before you! lol

Sounds like a good deal though... maybe I'll do the same... in a years time when I have 2 cents to rub together

Jamie

Nice!

It sure will be nice. Although my bank/gf wont be very happy.

$2400 isn't that bad of a deal including labor.

No its not. But I'm gonna get a few more things while I'm at Brian's so the price will be up a bit more. :lol:

You just wanna get something done before me so you can say I copied YOU for a change!

on the bright side, I'll probably have paint before you! lol

Sounds like a good deal though... maybe I'll do the same... in a years time when I have 2 cents to rub together

Jamie

Paint is delayed till spring. I just want my car done by summer of '07. But you did want just to do a L36 + Turbo. That will be down the road when I have 3k to blow. :cool:

Nice!

It sure will be nice. Although my bank/gf wont be very happy.

No, but your right foot sure as hell will be! :lol:

:lol: no doubt! Only thing is, I wont be able to push it in the middle of winter. :cry:

Hopefully its nice down there in the good old US of A. So I can have some fun and drive back to cold/freezing/wintering Canada.

Not a bad decision, but I woulda opted right outta the bat for the turbo L36.

Better off turboing the L67, I read somewhere, maybe it was complete BS, that the L67s bottom end is beefed up compared to the L36...

Thats the route I'm taking is a turbo'd L67, but before the engine goes it I'm going to have it all ported and polished, tuned, the works...

Jamie

turbo L32 better than all...

In all actuality your going to be spending more. You could have turbo'ed an L36 or L32 and been in the 13's off the bat. You're going to have to spend ATLEAST another grand to break into the 13's with the L67.

In all actuality your going to be spending more. You could have turbo'ed an L36 or L32 and been in the 13's off the bat. You're going to have to spend ATLEAST another grand to break into the 13's with the L67.

No more like $500 if not less. Downpipe, PCM, pulley and your in the 13's

No more like $500 if not less. Downpipe, PCM, pulley and your in the 13's

I think he mentioned to me on MSN doing the downpipe during the swap, driving the car back to Ontario and doing a 2.5" exhaust all the way back... I thought 3" would be a good idea, but he was told 3 would be too much, guess too little back pressure, I'm not up on that engine yet...

i would go l36 turbo aswell... it would be better... the engines and trans combo could be gotten for under 1000, a turbo kit used even coul be had for ~2000

Aside from the SC is there any difference from the L36 and the L67? Like I mentioned earlier I heard the L67 was more beefed up on the bottom end... I know I can get an L36 for way less than an L67...

Jamie

Good luck man. I know first hand that Brian Teel knows what he is doing (I own one of his old cars).

I would go with the turbo L36 setup before an L67 as well, but I think you will be pleasantly suprised with your choice though.

On a side note, I still wanna be the first one with an L36 Turbo/ 5 speed though. If only i had some money.

Thanks for all your input guys! Right now I just want to have good stock power. Brian was telling me there are a few better things going with the L67. So thats why I did. It's not just the fact it has a S/C bolted right on. Sorta like the TGP's and my 3.1. Similar, but its more than just adding turbo.