Power locks aren't unlocking right.

Q-Ball

Alright, I've tried everything I know of. The problem all started when I went to get keyless entry and told me my started was dying. (Replaced) and my power locks are messed. I can click the lock on the doors and they lock. When I click unlock only the passenger side door unlocks. When I click unlock again nothing happens. I wait 15-20 secs and I hear a click from under my glove box. Now I can press either lock or unlock now. But soon as I press unlock I cant press anything again. It's like it just dies for 15-20 secs.

So, what I've done:

- Tried different lock switches

- New door wiring

- Swapped the relay from under the glove box. It's a rectangle and has some numbers on the front

After all that it still does the same thing. So I tried putting power into the lock motor's but that did absolutly nothing on both locks. So I tested it with one of those lights and connected it to ground. When I hit unlock for some reason it keeps putting power to the lock for 15-20 secs. Sometimes as long as a 60 secs. Now I am ready to give up. Has anyone heard of this before? I really need some help on this one guys.

it sounds like they hacked you keyless entry install.

start by locating where they hacked into the lock wiring harness, and remove the wires they spliced until the probelm goes away. and figure out what is goofed up.

they probably tapped the lock wires where most kits do, on the drivers outside kickpanel, behind the parking brake area.

it sounds like they hacked you keyless entry install.

start by locating where they hacked into the lock wiring harness, and remove the wires they spliced until the probelm goes away. and figure out what is goofed up.

they probably tapped the lock wires where most kits do, on the drivers outside kickpanel, behind the parking brake area.

Yeah I know where the wiring is, but they said they couldnt do the install on the keyless cause my locks werent working. Like, when I press unlock/lock all it does is arm or dis arm the alarm. My locks arent connected to it yet. So the locks dont move.

I highly doubt these guys botched the install... not only because his locks were acting up before he even took it in, but because I've heard soooooo many people opinions on these guys and they are all rave reviews.

Jason, TC said they would hunt down the issue and fix it for you, did you ever get a price? Maybe its time you broke down and paid to have it fixed, sounds to me like you have exhausted your options for fixing it yourself...

Jamie

I was initially thinking same as Ken on the botched install.

If you're sure that's not it, you might take some voltage readings at the power lock relay. I think it would be in the passenger side dash hanging by a harness on a 92.