Question about power wire upgrade

digitaloutsider

Okay, I'm wanting to upgrade the line that runs from the battery to the auxiliary positive terminal since everytime my system is turned up and it hits, the lights dim and it's starting to really annoy me since it isn't even that high powered of an amp. At any rate, the only thing I have to do is run a new wire from the battery to the post, right? I already bought it. It fits fine, i just don't want to fry anything. Do I have to remove the old wire that already runs there? Thanks in advance.

You have your power wire for your amp hooked up to the AUX post?

Honestly, upgrading that wire alone wont help. Youll need to actually do the 'Big 3' to see any real gains in voltage.

I went ahead and upgraded this wire anyway. It helped a TINY bit from what I can tell, but yeah.. I need to do the rest.

What other wires (specifically) do I have to change?

Grounds:

Battery to block, Battery to chassis, and block to chassis(if you can find it).

Power:

And, if your feeling really good, go ahead and add a line from your alt to your battery. Keep the stock one there, in place and hooked up, but add another, larger guage wire that is fused.

I went ahead and upgraded this wire anyway. It helped a TINY bit from what I can tell, but yeah.. I need to do the rest.

Grounds:

Power:

And, if your feeling really good, go ahead and add a line from your alt to your battery. Keep the stock one there, in place and hooked up, but add another, larger guage wire that is fused.

FAQ thread.....

Grounds:

Power:

FAQ thread.....

For the ground, you really only need battery to block, block to chasis.