The new- New Turbo.....

kuntzie

out with the old (gt2871)

GT2871R_743347_1_comp_e.gif

in with the new...

t3/t04s, 66a/r a "t64" style housing

t64.gif

also not a T25 so im in the world of external wasegated turbos.... 10psi on this turbo is gunna be killer with my new cam aswell :twisted:

Looks like it will be a sweet setup. :mrgreen: What rpm do expect the boost threshold to be at?? If your referring to a .66 A/R turbine housing then it should spool pretty fast depending on what turbine wheel you got. Not stock T25 or GT2871R fast though. :razz: I would go with a Tial 38mm wastegate with a .5-.6 bar spring. I know I'll be running that wastegate on my Ciera next year. :cool:

skalor... i actually got a 38 mm Tial wsategate... but with a 0.69 (10psi) spring.

also im going to attempt this on the stocker bottom end first to see how long it lasts.. then when (if) she blows this is my plans for the extra motor build up

extude honed/ polished upper and lower GENII intakes (stock )

FDP 62mm throttle body

port and polished heads with 1.5/1 roller rockers and ls6 springs/retainers

ported and polished exhaust manifolds

COMP CAM CSV-6 252H-10

3400 block

3.1 turbo crankshaft

weisco forged pistons (1.9:1 compression)

then of course the 3" exhaust

and the t3 flange on the x-over

also on a side note im going to actually try and hide the wastegate to help keep it as stock looking as possible

when i got the car i promised 13s this year, 12s early next year... and it will be on the stock intakes... than i can be like...

i eat L67's for breakfast lol (just not all the turboed ones)

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. I think the stock bottom end will hold up if you keep a very conservative tune in it. I only suggested a lower spring for the wastegate in case you want to run a low boost setting for first gear. Which reminds me, are you still swapping in that six speed trans?? I think that first on the six speed is actually geared lower than the 284. Maybe if we're both done by the big W-body meet at Carlisle we can meet up there. This is one L67 that you won't be able to beat. :mrgreen: :cool:

lol ya im still thinking of the 6-speed swap... the gearing is alot better in the 6-speed surprisingly all the way through.

ya you l67 will be fast i know that forsure..

oh ya heres the kicker...

62.5 lb injectors ... go big or go home IMO that way im good to like 500 HP... i already at the point now that i really do need at least 36# injecotrs but 42 would be better for me now.

my goal now is now 12.227 @ 117 MPH