89 vs 91 HUD

no1kicker

Anyone know if the wiring is the same? I have one from an 89 in my car right now, but I just picked up one from a 91 that is the right color for my car. If the pinouts are the same, it will be an easy install!

as far as I know is the 91 has the Turns and highbeam on it.....dont think the 89 does...

so where did you pick that one up at? is it the $75 one?? hope not I was going to buy it on friday....

if it is how much for your 89 Hud??

Guest TurboSedan

the plugs are completely different from '90 to '91 so you'll have to do some rewiring. me and iTurbo swapped a '90 HUD from a CS into my '91 CS. my car didn't have HUD to begin with so we had to do alot of wiring but it wasn't that hard. i used solder, paste flux, shrink wrap, and a pen torch. check my website for LOTS of pics. btw, i'll sell the gray HUD i have (from a '91 STE), but i really don't want to ship the whole dashpad. any way we can work out a deal without the dashpad? the dashpad isn't perfect anyway, just some hairline cracks.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
as far as I know is the 91 has the Turns and highbeam on it.....dont think the 89 does...

my '90 CS HUD unit i have has turn signals and high beam indicator... i would assume the earlier GP HUDs had them too.

joshua

my '90 CS HUD unit i have has turn signals and high beam indicator... i would assume the earlier GP HUDs had them too.

joshua

Yup...my 90 TGP has turn signals and high beam indicators in the HUD. :D

Actually the 90 HUD has everything the 91 does, but the 90 also has a low fuel indicator AND "Check Gauges" while the 91 only has "Check Gauges".