Courtesy Module Problems?

AxlCrucifix

hey guys, I believe that I have a problem with my courtesy module, as my haynes manual tells me.

My signal lights dont work, and my guages in the dash dont work, they light up but dont read anything, ever.

And according to my haynes manual, signal lights and guages are controlled by the courtesy module

so i opened up the passenger side of the dash and looked and saw exactly what the manual pictured, but the manual didnt tell me which module controlled it.

the modules basically look like oversized fuses

i tested them and they seemded to be working (did a circuit test and power was running through the fuses)

so i removed the panel from the steering column cause on a lot of cars there is a cylinder there for the turn signals

sure enough, not to be found, and after reading the manual, it said it has a cylinder on the steering column, OR thingies in the panel under the passenger side of the dash

so, my signal lights dont work and dash guages dont read anything, anyone else have thius problem, or know whats wrong?

by the way, the flasher bulbs themselves are ok, cuz the hazards work, but only on the front, i believe

any help wpuld be much MUCH appreciated, considering that this is the last thing that needs fixing on my car before its road worthy :cool:

The turn signal thing is near the brake pedal. My turn signals got so slow they eventually stopped all together. Everything else that is wrong (dash lights) to me sounds like maybe the headlight switch dimmer part is bad? Swing by a junkyard and get a new headlight switch just to see

the headlight dimmer?

keep in mind that the dash lights up, but just doesnt display any info :sad:

im pretty bummed cause its the last thing left to fix on my car before i drive it

hey guys, I believe that I have a problem with my courtesy module, as my haynes manual tells me.

My signal lights dont work, and my guages in the dash dont work, they light up but dont read anything, ever.

And according to my haynes manual, signal lights and guages are controlled by the courtesy module

so i opened up the passenger side of the dash and looked and saw exactly what the manual pictured, but the manual didnt tell me which module controlled it.

the modules basically look like oversized fuses

i tested them and they seemded to be working (did a circuit test and power was running through the fuses)

so i removed the panel from the steering column cause on a lot of cars there is a cylinder there for the turn signals

sure enough, not to be found, and after reading the manual, it said it has a cylinder on the steering column, OR thingies in the panel under the passenger side of the dash

so, my signal lights dont work and dash guages dont read anything, anyone else have thius problem, or know whats wrong?

by the way, the flasher bulbs themselves are ok, cuz the hazards work, but only on the front, i believe

any help wpuld be much MUCH appreciated, considering that this is the last thing that needs fixing on my car before its road worthy

I'm racking my memory and not coming up with anything on a "courtesy module". I don't think a 91 Grand Prix would have one... unless you mean the chime box, it's the one under the passenger side dash that's large and translucent white colored. If it were bad, it wouldn't cause the dash or signals not to work though. It could be 2 isolated problems, bad turn signal switch and bad cluster.