UnderDrive Pulley???

grandprix104

Guest Anonymous

It's a smaller pulley than what is on your car now. Usually it is the crank pulley but it can be any pulley. The smaller size lets the engine spin better creating more H.P.

well i live in the desert where it is already been 118deg Farenheight and tops out at about 125-30 occasionally :( Still it sounds like a good idea. Why are they so expensive though?? thier a freaking wheel!

I was leaning more towards traffic conditions, with the engine running past operating temp, sitting at idle in drive for 45 minutes, not being able to drive over 5mph, with the AC running, headlights on, radio on...you know, the times when you need the car a lot more than it needs you

well i live in the desert where it is already been 118deg Farenheight and tops out at about 125-30 occasionally :( Still it sounds like a good idea. Why are they so expensive though?? thier a freaking wheel!

Cuz theyre like aircraft aluminum or something super strong but super light

Robby

Because 6060 aluminum is not cheap. Plus, i'm guessing they made those on a CNC lathe, and then maybe did some secondary work on a CNC Mill. I'm going to college right now for the same stuff. Those programs for CNC are time consuming and hard to write. I hope when i graduate, my job will let me do some personal work on the side. I'd love to make my own parts. :D

Why don't you email them Brian and tell them to run that test. I'd like to see what happens too.

Cmon they're not going to...maybe they could send me one for a month and I could do a real world analysis, but I'm not laying out the cash for that. I need piston money

jesus my car already loves to climb to 220 sitting idling with no a/c on in 60* temps. that NY contiditon will probably make my car explode.

cool

but wouldnt that reduce the cooling efficiency of your engine, power produced by the alternator, etc... ?

ive had it for two weeks now , and i have no problems with my accessories ...even with the fans on almost all time because of the ffp chip :D

jesus my car already loves to climb to 220 sitting idling with no a/c on in 60* temps. that NY contiditon will probably make my car explode.

get the ffp chip to make your fans come on earlier or put a switch in your car to turn the fans on /off

chip for 3100=nonexistant, probably because u cant put one into the pcm. i am thinking of rigging a switch for the fans tho. i see no disadvantage to that

• 1 month later...

my dad programs CNC machines for a living, he can make anything, ill see if i can get him to make an underdrive pulley for me :) im pretty sure he can make one out of the right stuff, he has access to alot of different metals at his work, im not sure if he can get aircraft aluminum, but he can get some damn near close!

look i make about $300-400 per paycheck and have $3000 of car debt and college to pay for.

$85 is very expensive to me.

oh and i forgot, ive got a girlfriend too!