TGP has been gone awhile, anyone seen it?

95GTP

I haved been gone for a bit and miss this site. i sold my TGP over a year ago now to a 16 year old kid for $1500. I really didnt want to sell it to him since he was young and as we all know they can be a bitch and can be costly. I told him all this, gave him all the books and spare parts and told him to learn how to work on it. He was just in awe to have this car and his mom seemed happy thay he was happy.

I took his cash and he left, he didnt leave without me telling him all the crap that will go wrong with it etc.... i still felt funny about the sale to him.

Like I said its been awhile so has anyone heard from a kid fron Freeport Maine asking for help? I hav not even seen the car since that day.

Let me know. I still have my 95 gtp and its still in great shape, might need a new steering rack real soon along with ball joints. Probably will crap out when its -10 outside. Love Maine weather............

95gtp

Dave, your old car was red in color wasn't it? I don't recall seeing anyone from Maine, but then again, a lot of people don't list their locations. There has been a steady influx of new members over at the TGP board...maybe the new owner joined up over there. :biggrin:

Sorry no VIN #. Had it on the computer but it crashed and all is gone. I will keep looking. Thanks.

It has my trademark under the hood. "Devils head with crossed wrenches"

yea it was red, with leather interior and black crosslace wheels.

95GTP

You finally got a matching set of wheels before you sold it? :lol:

I remember that car from the RI meet a few years ago.. was a fine lookin machine. I haven't seen another TGP since, besides my own. (I can't remember if I ever saw John's black one or not..)

I remember your car, but I haven't seen it or the new owner around anywhere. I did see a red TGP here in RI a few months ago, but I know it wasn't yours since it didn't have a moonroof. Besides that one and John's, I haven't seen one in person in a while.

3turbos2ym7.jpg

You finally got a matching set of wheels before you sold it? :lol:

I remember that car from the RI meet a few years ago.. was a fine lookin machine. I haven't seen another TGP since, besides my own. (I can't remember if I ever saw John's black one or not..)

Calling it a fine machine is very kind of you. It had some issues but that was part of the fun of owning one, It took alot of work to get it to that stage. I would drive it cross country the way it was but it had issues with looks. Now that I see the pics again I dont like the color combo, black hood vents and the cheap bra thing.

hey the wheels.....at least they were all crosslace, maybe not all the same color..lol. Im on a budget!

So gutless, when ya going to get yours on the road?

I remember your car, but I haven't seen it or the new owner around anywhere. I did see a red TGP here in RI a few months ago, but I know it wasn't yours since it didn't have a moonroof. Besides that one and John's, I haven't seen one in person in a while.

3turbos2ym7.jpg

This pic is priceless. When would you ever see 3 TGPs at the same meet ever again.

yea I had the black louvers. When I got the car they were a gold color. Some one went nuts with gold under the hood also. I has some black piss can in the garage and it looked better than the gold. Like I said it has issues with the body and paint etc. I has it running real fine though and the PMII brakes actually had no issues when I was done wiht them. I put a new accumulator on it and sort of flushed the system and added all new fluid. The ABS light would come on every once in a while. The car even had the original heat wrap on the exhaust, I never took it off but I imagine the crossover was bad. It didnt sound like it leaked and it did run very well. I fixed the fuel gage from reading bad, a little resoldering and I had the change the fuel sending unit too. Computer was replaced, brake calipers, exhaust, intake seals, a bunch of gaskets........I had fun with it and Like I said I would take it cross country if need........I even smoked those huge tires at that meet to the delight of the ricers who were there with their brake torques..........didnt need no brake, just pure Pontiac power .......