Huge sunroof problem

southpaw2_4

Alright my sunroof has decided to leak pretty bad on my '95 GTP. I am pretty sure that means the seal needs to be replaced around the glass but i don't know how to go about doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Are you sure it's the weatherstripping? There are four drain tubes for the sunroof, one on each corner. Usually, one of those tubes gets clogged up, causing water to pool in the drip trays, and leak inside the car. With the sunroof open, take a cup of water and pour it into the drip trays (around each corner) and see if water comes out the tubes below the car. Should be behind the front wheels, and in front of the rear wheels. If one of the tubes doesn't drip water, run a piece of wire down the tube to try and break the clog up. If all four tubes drain correctly, then look into new weatherstripping ($$).

okay i will check that out. The thing is that the main poin of the leak is in the middle on the passenger side. its like at a junction for the tracks or something. I am not 100% sure. So there is drainage tubes on each corner if the sunroof?

okay i will check that out. The thing is that the main poin of the leak is in the middle on the passenger side. its like at a junction for the tracks or something. I am not 100% sure. So there is drainage tubes on each corner if the sunroof?

Yeah, drainage tube on each corner, they run down inside the A-pillars and C/B (depending on coupe or sedan) pillars.

Where the water enters the car is usually not a good judge of where the actual leak is. I always thought my weatherstripping was leaking (leaked in the center of the car), but it turned out to be the driver side rear drain tube was clogged. Try the drain tubes first, very easy.

okay cool! are they really easy to locate? so i just run a long wire down the tube to make sure its clear of any dirt

They are sorta hard to see, but you'll see a tiny hole in each corner. The rear holes are very hard to see, even with the sunroof slid all the way back. Just pour water in the trays on the sides of the sunroof, near each corner (since they are kinda hard to see). But yeah, to clean them, get some long (sorta rigid) wire or something similar and push it down the tube (kinda like a pipe snake) if one is clogged.

Yeah, my sisters does this too, but the weatherstripping looks fucked, and so is the headliner.

Not to mention the sunroof will barely open

Yeah, I need a new headliner as well, I haven't priced one so I have no idea how much they are.

yea i didn't get a chance to fix the drains and here comes the rain dammit!! I did notice that when i park on a slop with the car facing downward that it doesn't leak so i am sure its the drain plugs.

Yeah, my sisters does this too, but the weatherstripping looks fucked, and so is the headliner.

Yeah, I need a new headliner as well, I haven't priced one so I have no idea how much they are.

I have the quote from the last owner and he was quoted $600 to replace the whole sunroof.

I think that's what I need to do once I get my truck fixed. It sucks, the car leaks, I can hear the air running through the weatherstripping. Overall its fucked.

I have the quote from the last owner and he was quoted $600 to replace the whole sunroof.

I think that's what I need to do once I get my truck fixed. It sucks, the car leaks, I can hear the air running through the weatherstripping. Overall its fucked.

I actually found the piece of weatherstripping on gmpartsdirect. Only place I could find it, ~$60. That's a little steep, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm more surprised it's still available.

I actually found the piece of weatherstripping on gmpartsdirect. Only place I could find it, ~$60. That's a little steep, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm more surprised it's still available.

Well, hopefully when I take my sisters car to get fixed I'll show you all the shit they replaced and the places they got it from.