Possibly selling the truck

black_97_ls

Okay, so my truck never gets driven since it's outside of school, and we can't park it in the garage. I have talked to my mom about this, and as much as it pains me to do so, I think I might have to sell it sometime in the near future. I am looking at around $6200 give or take to play with, and am wondering what I should replace it with. I don't need a truck, I want decent gas mileage (26+), and I want something that will fit in my garage at home. Another important thing is it has to be good on ins. and not have rediculously high rates.

here's what I was looking at

'92-'96 GP sedan -- no granny hubcaps though, just sawblades

'92 -'96 GPSE 2 dr

'99 + GA 4 dr

Thanks for the suggestions.

Guest TurboSedan
I am looking at around $6200 give or take to play with, and am wondering what I should replace it with. I don't need a truck, I want decent gas mileage (26+), and I want something that will fit in my garage at home. Another important thing is it has to be good on ins. and not have rediculously high rates.

here's what I was looking at

'92-'96 GP sedan -- no granny hubcaps though, just sawblades

'92 -'96 GPSE 2 dr

'99 + GA 4 dr

Thanks for the suggestions.

shit...if you have $6200 to spend then you could find a nice '97+ GTP or Regal GS easy. i like the '99+ Grand Am GT sedans too (my mom has a nice black '99 Grand Am GT sedan) but obviously i'd take a GTP over a Grand Am GT. forget about the '92-'96 Grand Prix unless it's something you're considering in part to save alot of money. the highest i would pay for a NICE low mileage '92-'96 Grand Prix (even a GTP model) would be $3500 and it would have to be REALLY nice for that price :exclaim: this is not a put-down on '92-'96 Grand Prix owners; it's because the price of a used 2nd GEN Supercharged Grand Prix usually starts at around $4000 nowadays.

as far as insurance goes - do you need to have full coverage? if not, then don't worry about insurance. i was paying $31/month for liability on my Regal and my insurance company knew it was a Supercharged GS model.

Guest TurboSedan

cool, full coverage would be nice but for the premium & dedctible it just isn't worth it in some cases.

liability on my Regal GS = $191 every 6 months

full coverage was $550 every 6 months with a $1000 deductible!!!! fuck that!

and yes, a 2nd fun car is very nice to have :D

too bad for practicality's sake it wont be a GTP likely. I'm just looking around right now, and I have only found TWO Regal GS' and only 3 GTPs around here in my range. :(

thats better then here, I havent found any in my range, any worth buying. The ones that are for sale around here are either too expensive or beat to shit. For some reason, people around here hold on to their w's FOREVER, I'm suprised I got mine

Um.. 120k miles is just getting broken in IMHO

tell that to my dad. he wont let me touch a new W-body if it has more than 90k miles on it.

and..scratch my original idea, if you have that money to spend from your truck, save the monte as your DD, and get a new toy(like whats being discussed) :)