Replace HUD with montitor.

GrandAmSE

The only bad thing I could see would be the gear shift would block the view of the screen to people in the back and passenger seat.

The only time you would have a clear view of the TV is when your driving... thats real safe... :willynilly:

"Lets go for a drive so we can watch a movie"

I have never, nor will I ever, see the point in having a TV screan in the front seat... back seat I can see the use. But as the driver, I don't care about whats in the back seat and a TV in the front is useless to me when I'm in the car. And when I'm not driving...I'm certainly not going to go out to the car to watch a movie when I have a 27 inch screen in my living room!

Now, a monitor for a navigational system... that would be usefull there... but I have a map in the glovebox for that... a screen for diagnostics and tuning, now THAT would be cool!

Just my 2 cents

Jamie

I agree with the Munky. The DIC is actually useful. A TV screen is not useful at all, especially down that low. Watching TV down there will probably make your neck hurt. It's a very poor location for one. If you have to have a monitor, I think it would be better to just put a popout in the factory HU location. It's higher so would be a bit more ergonomic for watching TV there.

I do plan to install a TV tuner for the HU in my truck, but I eat lunch in my truck and it'd be nice to have something to watch while eating.

no, thats where you want it! in the HUD. but not the factory HUD, thats the only accurate MPH reading on a TGP so you gotta make another new one custom so you can play playstation while driving. :lol: its the only safe way.

i was thinking of puttingone in that location for tuning purposes (touch screen) and having a "carputer" made but its just not pratical enough down there.... but it could have a tilt feature and might not be so bad.

mount them on the visors, so you can drive and watch a movie at the same time.... like one ass i saw weaving! :willynilly:

is sounds like a poor loaction.

I would nevr invest in a digi-screen anything for a car.... except maybe GPS. Tv rots your brain. but so do W-bodies.