HU questiOn

Psych0matt

So, the truck has a panasonic cd player in it, and its already wired for an amp an everything. I put the stuff from the car over into the truck, and everything powers up, but i get no sound. i try different rca's, same deal. the "sub" volume is on in the HU, and ive tried the different outs (sub, front, rear). could there be a blown pre amp or something, or maybe all the outs are just blown? Unless anyone has any insight, ill probably just put the Pioneer in, i just dont want to have to wire it all in manually (stupid people, learn to buy wiring harnesses.) maybe ill grab a harness next time i hit up a yard...

no, the amp (and seperate crossover) both powered on fine, and it was even still warm from being used in my car. I'll mess with the HU tomorrow and see if there are some other settings somewhere I havent found.

Speaker output works fine but the RCA out doesn't? Does your HU have more than one RCA output? If so, try switching it from the sub to the rear output to see if you get anything. If that doesn't work, you may need to go into your menu and switch the Amp Gain to high output, or even turn on your RCA outs.

If still nothing, you need to check out your amp. Make sure no wires are crossed, and see if the amp is powering up without going into protect mode.

there must be an on for it somewhere, cuz it was working in the car literally 5 minutes before. i tried all three outs (sub, rear, front) and none seemed to work. I wish i had a manual or something to skim over. is that anything you might have access to, chris? im not sure the model, but it looks similar to this but is a model year or so earlier (and down a few steps): CQ-DFX700j.jpg ill figure out what it is this afternoon after work

I don't have any info on the Panasonic HU's, but you should be able to go on there website and download an owners manual for the HU.

The amplifier does turn on, correct?

yeah, amp turns on fine and everything has power. Im gonna go grab the model number and run a google

well, put the pioneer in, same deal. tried yet another set of rcas, and took the speaker out of the box, so there has to be something with the amp. what would cause it to turn on but not work? i took it straight out of the car. bad ground? it turns on with the radio, so i know the remote wire works

Is all else fails, take the amp out and take it to a local shop to have it bench tested to see if its the amp thats not working.

well, i could throw it back into my car in 5 minutes to test that, which i might do one of these days