Noob Post. W-body's RULE

Panopticon

Hello and greetings.

Yes I am a noob. So i will withhold my newbish questions untill i scour the board for hours on end.

A little bit about me:

Im 20yrs old, living in south-western ontario. Im a 3rd year college student taking computer programmer/analyst. My main hobby is cars! I own a 1991 Buick Regal Limited and a 1986 Honda Accord LX (Apoligoes to any import haters, but good car is a good car :) )

Well thats my post. Thanks for listening! its really great to find such a resource on the w-body. I've been searching for a good 6 months for resources and was quite suprised that I hadn't found this site until now.

I hope to enjoy my stay here.

-Paul

Hi, Panopticon. welcome. Hope you find some worthy tips and info here. There is alot of useable cross platform info. For example, the best info on 1991 anti-loc brakes comes out of the Turbo Grand Prix page since every Turbo of 89, 90 had it. I've copy/pasted some items to microsoft word over the last year if you're interested I could e-mail it to you. Just some stuff on the brakes, ignition dash cluster, suspension, etc.

Anyway....enjoy the board!!

Welcome to the board. You can find all the information you will need to know about your W-body. You guys think Im still a newbie? I have only been on here a few months........

Robby

Welcome to the board. You can find all the information you will need to know about your W-body. You guys think Im still a newbie? I have only been on here a few months........

Robby

You 4x as many posts as me and I've been here longer then you :read:

wow, thanks for the warm welcomes guys. Definity a refresher. Anyway now that I have been positivly id'd as a w-body noob. here's my problem......damn brakes! i have the abs package wich from what i read means i have the PMIII ?? and the more i keep reading the more i find its a pain in the ass!.

sympotoms: ABS light always on or flashing. Brake light comes on for a moment when i depress the pedel. the pedel itself seems hard and emergency braking is just f'ing scary shit. Well..the braking power is still there but i have to press down like a mofo' to get it to stop. Good thing i don't have little chicken legs ;).

From the searching i did, this tells me i have a bad accumulator. Since i have no experience with abs or this car....please HELP!!!

oops..i guess i should've put this in the right forum, but why start a whole other thread.

-peace

Check this link. It should tell you anything you need to know about the PM III.

http://aldridgec.home.att.net/TGP/brakes/powermaster.htm

Looks like that link says it all. I'll throw my 2 cents anyway. For me, when it is hard to press the brake pedal when stopping then I'd check the power brake booster first for vacuum leak or defect. I'd recommended bleeding anyway to see if it makes a difference. Here's the bleeding procedure.

Follow this procedure for your ABS Delco Moraine III or called Delco Powermaster III equipped brake system.

System pressure relief:

Due to the high pressure in this system, the system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any hydraulic lines. Make sure the ignition key is in the Off position, press the brake pedal firmly as far as it will go at least 40 times.

1. Relieve the system pressure.

2. With the ignition Off, be sure the fluid reservoir is full.

3. Connect a clear hose to the bleeder valve on the right front brake caliper and submerge the other end of the hose in a container of brake fluid. Open the bleeder valve.

4. Have an assistan slowly depress the brake pedal. As the fluid flows from the caliper, tap on the caliper housing to free trapped air.

5. Close the bleeder valve and have the assitant release the brake pedal.

6. Repeat this step until air is no longer seen in the hose.

7. Repeat this procedure for the left front caliper.

8. Before bleeding the rear brakes, turn the Ignition ON and allow the pump motor to charge the system. The pump motor should stop running within one minute.

9. With the reservoir full, connect the hose to the bleeder valve on the right rear caliper and submerge the other end of the hose in a container of clean blake fluid.

10. Open the bleeder valve.

11. Have an assistant slowly depress the brake pedal, part way only. Allow the fluid to flow for 15 seconds, while lightly tapping on the caliper housing to free trapped air.

12. Close the bleeder valve and have the assistant release the brake pedal.

13. Repeat this step until air is no longer seen in the hose.

14. Check the brake fluid level, then repeat this procedure from the left rear caliper.

15. Once all the calipers have been bled, the isolation valves on the ABS unit should be bled. Connect the bleeder hose to the inner side of the ABS unit and submerge the other end in the container of clean brake fluid. With the Ignition still ON, have an assistant apply light pressure to the brake pedal. Slowly open the bleeder valve and allow the fluid to flow until no more air bubbles are seen.

16. Repeat this procedure to the bleeder valve on the outer side of the unit.

17. Depressurize the system and check the brake fluid, adding as necessary.

18. Before turning the key On, sharply apply the brake pedal three times, using full force.

19. Turn the Ignition key On and allow the pump motor to run. When the motor stops, turn the key Off. Note: If the pumps runs for more than 60 seconds, check the brake fluid level and look for leaks.

20. Depress the brake pedal, using moderate pressure, then turn the ignition key On for three seconds. Repeat this procedure ten (10) times.

21. Depressurize the system and recheck the fluid level.

Robby

no man, you're just a post whore :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Robby

no man, you're just a post whore :lol:

'Nuff said... :lol:

Im not a liar, I just dont tell the WHOLE truth. But looks who's been whorin' cuz of what I wrote.........cough cough...joe...cough cough. :D :D

Robby

welcome to the board! hopefully you'll stay with us a while and help build the w-body following....just maybe then we'll get some more aftermarket parts made for us!

welcome to the board! hopefully you'll stay with us a while and help build the w-body following....just maybe then we'll get some more aftermarket parts made for us!

You said it! THeres like next to nothing for the buick regal. I have more luck when i saw 3800 first ;)