Help on remote car starter

john99gtp

Hey guys, question or 2

So, this past February, I got a car starter installed (was a Christmas present from my mum)

Worked great and all, until I swapped my engine.

Before, I could start it with the theft deterrent armed, and it wouldnt set off the alarm. Now, if the alarm is armed, the second the headlights flash once, the alarm goes off. Then it tries to start the car 3 times, but it cant cause the fuel pump is shut off. I found that out one day, and was like, great.

So my question is, does anyone know how I can fix this? I am hoping it is something as easy as 'plug this wire back in' but I dont know much about electronics. All I know is that it worked before I blew my engine, now, the starter still works, but triggers the alarm, so I have to disable it first (which can be a pain in the balls since the distance on the starter is waaaay more then the alarm). I figured with the colder weather coming, I should get to work on that, even though I have known about this for a couple months now.

Thanks for you input.

John

PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I cant see any 'general electronics' section.

Yeah, thats really the best thing. I mean, it's kinda hard to try to fix something like this over the web. Each installer does there stuff differently, as there really is no set standard on how you do it.

But, from what I'm reading, it's not letting off a warning tone, and the remote starter isn't working, right?

The warning tone may have to be reprogrammed into the alarm with a BitWriter.

The remote starter may have to be reset as well. Depending if they tapped into a tach line at the coil packs, a fuel injector line, or whatever they did really depends on how it is done. Hell, the bypass module could have gone bad.

they tapped into the coil pack. That is still hooked up.

There is no warning tone that I know of. The car starter works great, the only problem is I have to disarm my alarm BEFORE i attempt to start it. If I dont, the vehicle senses the lights flashing, and because of that unknown current, triggers the alarm, which in turn cuts the fuel pump etc etc.

If I disarm the alarm, it works awesome.

However, before, I could start the car with the alarm being armed. I dont know what I changed, but the tach signal is still plugged in, and I havent touched anything else that I am aware of when I swapped my engine (i believe that is when it started doing this).

Do a quick google search of the remote model number and you should be able to find the info you need. Thats what i did to find the info on my remote starter, which is also a compustar.

i would check the hood pin, you maight have unplug it while doing all that work, or the adjustement has change.

But that wouldn't have anything to do with the security going off.. it wouldn't even attempt to crank if it detects the hood open in that case.