Differences between 91-93 and 94-96 Bucket seats?

blackbombshell95

I know about the seats for the 94-96 GP's and the seats for the Turbo Grand Prixs. But I know nothing about how the 91-93 GP leather seats look like. There is a dude locally that has a set of charcoal leather ones from a 92 GTP 5speed. He is parting it out. It has a HUD, spoiler, tails, plus much more (full body).

Also what do the rear seats look like? pics? How do they compare to the 94-96?

Thanks :cool: :confused: :biggrin: :eek: :mrgreen: :razz: :redface:

I'm not sure exactly but probably similar to the TGP seats. The power seats from my 88 GP (cloth) have the same fuctions and shape.

94-96 seats suck. Here's pics of my old seats with the seat controls mounted on a 94 GP console. Seat covers to match the tan interior.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/dsjune/95%20GP/july%2006%20interior/

so the 91 to 93 seats are as adjustable as the tgp seats? r u sure? like side support too and electronic adjustable head control along with bolster and lumbar?

so the 91 to 93 seats are as adjustable as the tgp seats? r u sure? like side support too and electronic adjustable head control along with bolster and lumbar?

If you get the power ones, yes. 88-93 SEs/TGPs had the same controls. I think the 91-93 seats are more cushiony than the 88-90 style (and TGP?) seats. Well I know my 88 seats are hard (but very supportive) other AQ9s I've sat in are more soft.

AQ9's are AQ9's regardless of what year they came in.

The seat stitching and fabric changed in 1990. Looks a hell of a lot better, IMHO. As far as comfort goes, that comes down to how worn out the seat actually is. I've sat in '89 AQ9's that are more comfortable than ones out of a '93.

A 91-93 GTP should probably always have AQ9's.

92 GTP 5speed. He is parting it out. It has a HUD, spoiler, tails, plus much more (full body).

Also what do the rear seats look like? pics? How do they compare to the 94-96?

Thanks :cool: :confused: :biggrin: :eek: :mrgreen: :razz: :redface:

so whats wrong with the car??

You'll notice a difference right away with the bolsters, the general shape of the seats are close though. The stitched design in the seat is different from different years, along with the choice in fabric(the newer stuff is just a bit softer feeling to the skin).