installing Cutlass Supreme Driver's Information System

sclary18

I got a Cutlass Supreme Driver's Information System from a 91, and since my car didnt come with one, is it a plug n play thing to put one in? or do i need to re-wire it some how? any help would be appreciated..

ok so heres my question, i want to put one in my 944 cuty but there isno console shifter on the floor its on the steering column. so that means the ashtray is on the bottom. is there a place to put the dis possibly on my model that would look halfway decent

ok so heres my question, i want to put one in my 944 cuty but there isno console shifter on the floor its on the steering column. so that means the ashtray is on the bottom. is there a place to put the dis possibly on my model that would look halfway decent

Not really. The bench-seat dashes are awful.. I'd look around for a bucket-seat dash with the sport-pod even if you weren't getting a DIS.

Yeah, find just a sport pod to install.

Good thing you knew what he was talking about, I thought he meant a 944 Porsche... lmao I need to stop reading into Ken's posts. LOL

took a minute to run the translation through my head :lol:

damn typo. yeah i dont really care for my dash. all i like about my dash is my ub3 cluster. heres a few pics

I have a sport pod for you. In black and I even have the little cubby that would go beside a DIS when/if you get one. Let me know if you're interested through PM

/end hijack

ok so i bought a dis to put in my 88 cutlass. i wired it up and it works great. the only problem is when you turn on the parking lights or the headlights only the first two columns light up. what do i need to do to get all the buttons to light up?

A good place to mount it would be to the right of you right shin on the black covering where the heater exit is. You can get some sheet plastic and build a small so it mounts at an agle facing up.

UPDATE: I installed my DIS, but didn't mount it 100% yet.. I cut off the bottom mounting brackets and put it where my ashray was.. i started the project at about 10 at night and finished around 1, so i got laxy and just ziptied it around my electronic climate control lol... soon im going to cut off the top mounting brackets, build a new bracket out of wood, cut the dash a bit so it fits flush like the climate control, fill on the gaps with bondo and sand away.. see ya soon with some pics..

well, if you want pics of it with zip ties around the outer trim, i'll do that.. but... for my own sake.. i only like to post pics when its 100% done and not hooked up, but hanging..

Did you take pics as you progressed thru the project? I would like to do the same but I would do it more with confidence with pics throughout the install.

If he didn't I can take some install pics when I put on in my car. The key for me is going to be finding the time, I already have the DIS.

sorry, didnt take any pics.. but it is literally insanely easy! the hardest part was tryin to strip the wire for the obd 1 scanner hookup under the dash... i laid on my back with my head under the dash, and my feet on the headrest... it hurt... lol..