installing HUD (Head up Display)

sclary18

ok, so I see that there was an option for heads up display for the cutlass.. How can I install HUD in my 92 vert. Is it even possible, would i need a different windshield? is there anyone that has already installed it in thier cutlass?

you could make it, but its a ton easier to get a cutlass one. i bought the whole dashpad when i did mine this summer, but its not necessary. just get the HUD unit itself, and the switch with cables. oh yeah, and the mounting brackets, and everything should be plug and play

i dont need the windshield, i need the actual hud that sits on the dash... and its just sick as hell and hard as hell to find.. and.. i dont want a universal one either...

You also need a mounting bracket to hold the HUD to the Dash.

This might be a little extreme but I found a non warped dash in the J/Y and cut a hole in it to fit the HUD. The only drawback was by cutting a hole, there was no way to avoid cutting into the defrost vent that is molded into the dash. If I ever need to go back to the old dash, I have it in a storage shed.

all answers are inb that link, thanks!

to sum it up. Huds can be compatable with non-hud windsheild, but not always, you install it and see if it looks good... if it does it is fine, if not you need to get buy a HUD window.

pre-wired cars always have automatic climate control. poinouts in the thread can be utilized to wire in the wiring if yours does not.

I cut a hole in mine too, and the hole cut into the defrost duct can be sealed back up, with a bit of plexiglass or such...

Cutlass ones are rare (and some punk that drifts all over the east coast and midwest hoards them :lol:) but can be found.

oh? who's that? I only have two CS HUDs in spite of my hoarding! got plenty of GP ones.

and... find a CS one, the gp ones can be used but are alot more work and will never quite look right to those of us who know what they are.

alright, im still searching... and thats ok if i need a new hud windshield, cuz mine got some cracks in it today... GAYY oh yeah, and my right outer turn signal lens popped off.... GAAYYYY x2 subs suck..