Maximum Box Size

Puggsley456

What is the largest box sizes(depth) you guys have been able to wedge into the your trunks? Because right now I need to find a way to get 6-8 cubes in there........dont know if its gonna happen...lol

I figure 10" high by 35" wide by 35" deep....gives me a net volume of 5.52 cubes. Now Its just a mater of getting the box in the trunk with that much depth. I may have to totaly remove my spare tire :lol: and false floor to get it in there.

Oh and just incase you are wondering......this is for a 18. Can you say spring project :mrgreen:

Your gonna get it in there by either pulling out everything, as stated above, or through the backseat. Even the backseat may limit you though.

IMO, built it in the trunk, and use as much of the trunk as you can.

I duno about that Mach 5 Audio. Let us know how everything turns out!

Yep will do! Cant go wrong with $60 for a 18"......lol

Even if it is a throw away driver. :bonk:

wasn't there some guy who had a 49" or 50" sub in his trunk?? I believe it was a 95-01 Lumina or Monte of that era...he said he had to cut the trunk open and then re-weld it to get everything in there?? or did I totally dream this was posted lol?

I took some base measurement the other day. The actual useable space that I have in my trunk is 36"wide(between lid hinges) by 39 deep by 14 high. And just by sizeing things up, a box with a height of only 10" would allow me the other two dimensions(36 and 39") in there. So it is possible to get close to the necissary square footage I am after. Now I've never been a fan of having the drivers facing up. Come to mention it I dont think I have ever tried it in this car. Now Assuming I want to leave 4" of breathing room for my amps. This Gives me net volume of 5.68 cubes.

Oh god my cars not going to like me...lol :willynilly: